X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove November 2009 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free*monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the November 2009 Groove Freebie Challenge gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

This month, Esther Barry ( a.k.a. Granny) takes it away! Download Granny's freebie from the challenge thread, and take the challenge!

In this challenge, I would like you to learn/practise using some of Scrapbook MAX! 2.0's coolest new features. (If you don't have the full version of the software, you can still participate! Just download the free trial version here.)

So...

1. Use the seamless tiles in the kit to make a background (import as background>tile).
    2. Import the other tiles as paper scraps to use as... paper scraps! LOL.
    3. Use some of the tiles as shapes.
    4. Make a caption text for your theme, and use one of the tiles as a texture for the text.
    5. Use the frames and colorize them to match the colors of the tiles
    6. Pins and buttons are optional

Remember - we have a great set of easy-to-follow tutorials available here if you're looking for more information about Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 new features!

Here's some exciting news! Throughout the month, Granny will be selecting two challenge winners who will each get a free copy of Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 software + Life Is Beautiful mega expansion pack (or, if they already own the software, a choice of one mega expansion pack!)

Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or taxed. Prizes must be accepted as awarded (no cash value). Electronic download delivery only. The decision of the moderator is final.

Be sure to check out the November 2009 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made using Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, some great tips and tricks from our users, and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 11-01-2009, 03:31 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

Thought I would Share my Birthday Cake it all of You!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
      Scrap Guru
      • Mar 2009

wow With You All....Fingers to mind don't work sometimes!!!
      Hugs!!

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Kymmyann your layout is awesome!!! And so fast. I love it!! And you did it following all the instructions perfectly. Way to go, girl!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all your wonderful layouts! You're participation is what makes the challenges a success, so please, jump right in... the water is warm!!!

To clarify step #3... Bring one of the seamless tiles into the program as a paper scrap, and in the properties window, choose Custom Shape. Select a shape you like from the Fancy or Objects folder, and create an object like the tea cup in my layout, or whatever you like.

If you need more clarifycation, please ask. I can use the help myself!

Here is a sample of my layout...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Granny; 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM.
        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• dillie1
          Layout Whiz
          • Aug 2009

Sunday Sports

I hope I followed the instructions.. I am watching Football and later Baseball, so I came up with this idea for my page.

Comment

• knzus
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
            wow With You All....Fingers to mind don't work sometimes!!!
            Kimmyann, that is what happens when you are older than dirt! ROTFL! I know I must have some dirt on the brain because I didn't even notice your typo until you pointed it out, LOL!

AWESOME layouts, dillie1 and Kimmyann!

GREAT challenge, ST! Gonna make us think and learn! Hmmm, let's see what I can do.....

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Dillie1... Perfection itself! You girls are cooking! Love the layout.

Knzus, thank you, glad you like the challenge. Please, like I said above, jump right in. I can see the smoke coming off your head already.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                Digi Sage
                • Aug 2008

This was one smart Mother Bird. She built her nest under an overhang at my daughter's house. She built it between the wall and a colonial wall sconce -- out of the elements and nice and cozy when the light was on.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Sep 2007

This is my page for the Challenge, thanks Granny

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• nannybernie
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Apr 2009

November Groove challenge entry

Did a nice simple template for sharing if that is okay, posting here. I love SBM2 it has endless possibilities. Thanks once again Granny, I love your stuff.
                    Attached Files
                    All the best from Nanny Bernie.
                    Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• dillie1
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Aug 2009

Nice template. Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Here is mine - Sorry got totally carried away with shapes and forgot all about the elements. LOL

Kind wishes from Carena
                        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Sep 2007

My second page for the Challenge Granny

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• autisticwonder
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Nov 2006

Wow..the creative juices are flowing!! and the templates AWESOME!! Thanks Granny!! I'll have to give this a go too!! very soon!!

Comment

• sylvia esther
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Apr 2009

Paddlin' Madeline

Thanks for the challenge and the beautiful kit, Granny.

My friends are eye, Mahler, Marshalynn, Poppabob, MrsPeel, dillie1, diamondsden, Memphisfran and NannyBernie.

Comment

Working...
                              X