+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Nope

It is apparently more involved than the instructions given....... I'm sure it has something to do with unzipping. Again, I added the .sbm after the file name and I changed the file name to schooldays. It read " schoolday.sbm and on the bottom line it still sayed the file type was a zip file. The only other choice was "All Files" I never got the install message stating it was installed. I went back into the program and the templete never got installed.

This is frustrating! I gave up on the other templetes in the past because of the same thing. They are not automatically opening up and installing!

nie

OnieRN...I believe you!!

Mine is exacting the same is yours. I havent been able to figure it out either.

Smile Rocelle

Glad I'm not the only one! I don't consider myself as a dummy but this process has really made me feel like one! Well, we'll just stick together in a club of our own...........

nie

Onie, one thing I noticed is you are adding SBM as the extension. It should be SMT. but in this case Julie has already added the smt as a extension, So just right cick on the link, then "save target as" it should then download. When the download is complete it will ask if you want to open it or close the box. Hit open and it should install itself. It worked for me.
    Don't give up, keep on trying, one of these days it will work and you will be amazed. Maybe today is that day!

Marion

is there a better way for me to share these bigger files?

Has anyone been able to use the files I post this way? (I know Marion can...)
    Others?

Hep me figure out how to share!

I don't want to reduce the size, right? Because the quality of the stuff included won;t be very good when you re-enlarge them?

I was able to download it, Julie. Great job!

I use Windows XP which makes downloading/installing zip files very easy. Onie, which version of Windows are you using?

Julie - You may want to try the "Optimize embellishment sizes" option when exporting your template. This options will analyze all of the embellishments added to the project and resize the files to the maximum dimensions currently being used in the template. This can significantly decrease the size of the exported template file, making it easier to upload and share with others.

While it is true that if people want to then "enlarge" those embellishments, the quality won't be quite as good, however the idea is that with a "freebie" that could be totally acceptable. In fact, we resize them down but also pad in a bit of leeway so increases of say 10-20% are totally undetectable. It's an option for templates that are otherwise too large and packed with stuff to be uploaded.
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by juliehclark
    Has anyone been able to use the files I post this way? (I know Marion can...)
    Others?

Hep me figure out how to share!

I don't want to reduce the size, right? Because the quality of the stuff included won;t be very good when you re-enlarge them?
    I did just as you said, Julie, and it automatically uploaded to SBM templates. I can't think of anything I did differently - I just double-clicked on the download and it went to the templates.

Thanks for your beautiful work! It inspires me to keep at it. I've been having trouble adjusting to a new computer and now the old monitor makes things look a little strange. If you have time, is there a monitor you would recommend? I know you do lots of graphics. Do you like LCDs?

thank you for the compliments - glad you were able to use it!!!

as far as my monitor, I just got the one that was on sale

Mine is a 17 inch Samsung I have no idea about anything beyond that - It's a flat *screen* but not a flat monitor.

I lokek it OK - Although Staples did have a KICK BUTT one on sale for $146 flat screen last week and I almost caved and bought it with my rewards check but I got an extrernal hard drive, instead!