X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

Has anyone been able to use the files I post this way? (I know Marion can...)
    Others?

Hep me figure out how to share!

I don't want to reduce the size, right? Because the quality of the stuff included won;t be very good when you re-enlarge them?

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• Sandy
      Mad Scrapper
      • Jan 2006

I was able to download it, Julie. Great job!

I use Windows XP which makes downloading/installing zip files very easy. Onie, which version of Windows are you using?

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
        Your Host, Gracie!
        • Jan 2006

Julie - You may want to try the "Optimize embellishment sizes" option when exporting your template. This options will analyze all of the embellishments added to the project and resize the files to the maximum dimensions currently being used in the template. This can significantly decrease the size of the exported template file, making it easier to upload and share with others.

While it is true that if people want to then "enlarge" those embellishments, the quality won't be quite as good, however the idea is that with a "freebie" that could be totally acceptable. In fact, we resize them down but also pad in a bit of leeway so increases of say 10-20% are totally undetectable. It's an option for templates that are otherwise too large and packed with stuff to be uploaded.
        Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

Thanks!

Originally posted by juliehclark
          Others?

I don't want to reduce the size, right? Because the quality of the stuff included won;t be very good when you re-enlarge them?
          I did just as you said, Julie, and it automatically uploaded to SBM templates. I can't think of anything I did differently - I just double-clicked on the download and it went to the templates.

Thanks for your beautiful work! It inspires me to keep at it. I've been having trouble adjusting to a new computer and now the old monitor makes things look a little strange. If you have time, is there a monitor you would recommend? I know you do lots of graphics. Do you like LCDs?
          Julie

Comment

• juliehclark
            Challenge Host
            • Jun 2006

thank you for the compliments - glad you were able to use it!!!

as far as my monitor, I just got the one that was on sale

Mine is a 17 inch Samsung I have no idea about anything beyond that - It's a flat *screen* but not a flat monitor.

I lokek it OK - Although Staples did have a KICK BUTT one on sale for $146 flat screen last week and I almost caved and bought it with my rewards check but I got an extrernal hard drive, instead!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• MaggieMae
              Digi Sage
              • May 2006

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input, Julie. An external hard drive is really a good thing to have - you can move some of the huge files to it. It's on my wish list, too! But first the monitor problem!

Thanks again for sharing your beautiful work!
              Julie

Comment

• canneberge

I like it. Thanks 4 sharing.

Comment

• lilbinkey
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by juliehclark View Post
                  Others?

It works Great 4 Me Julie!! :-)
                  I also have Windows XP Home Edition..... Thanks Hun...
                  Binkey

Comment

• Kathyl74
                    • Aug 2008

Thank-you so much

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                      Digi Sage
                      • Aug 2008

My grandson starts in the fall this will be perfect Thanks

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• fcfirecat
                        • Aug 2007

Thanks!

This worked for me. Thanks for the instructions!

Comment

• heritageseeker
                          • Sep 2006

adding thumbnails

I just did exactly what Julie suggested and it worked. I think you are putting "sbm" instead of "smt", maybe that's it.

Comment

Working...
                          X