• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrsPeel
    • Feb 2009

How to move SBM to another computer

Hi, I wonder if someone can help...
    I am not wanting to use the ScxrapbookMax in my iMac because it's crashing the system too often, so I cleaned, defragemented, run several antivirus, antispyware and what have you, and finally it's working decently.
    Only when I went to try downbload it into my PC, the mail which I got when I bought the program doesn't show in my yahoo mail (when on web. In the Mac I have it as my main account mail, and is still there, still valid to download)

I have mailed Gracie yesterday evening, explaining the problem, but haven't received a reply all day today (is now 3.37 am of wed, I mailed her yesterday as in over 24 hours ago)
    I wanted to make and print some cards as a friend of mine is travelling to Brazil and wanted to send the cards... anyone has an idea of what I can do?
    either how to retrieve the email (I'm puzzled with that one) or what to do?
    Will it work if I forward the email to myself from the Mac,then open yahoo webmail in the PC?
    I don't want to trun the PC on unless I know for sure what to do...
    any help appreciated...
    Thanks in advance!
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MrsPeel View Post
    Will it work if I forward the email to myself from the Mac,then open yahoo webmail in the PC?
    Yes, that should work, assuming the download link itself still valid. It can't hurt anything to try.

If you have a CD or DVD writer in your Mac, you could put the original file that you downloaded onto a CD or DVD and then copy it to the PC from there. Then run it to install Scrapbook MAX on the PC, just like you did to install it in parallels.

You could also copy the original downloaded file over from the Mac to the PC if you have them networked together.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MrsPeel
      • Feb 2009

Hi Lorne and thanks so much.
      Yes, it did work, but now it started installing and stopped in the Fonts, it has been stopped for over 10 minutes, so QUESTION:

do I need to be online for the program to install?
      I think is something to do with being online that stops the download?
      I'm tearing my hair of here....

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

• Lorne
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by MrsPeel View Post
        Hi Lorne and thanks so much.
        Yes, it did work, but now it started installing and stopped in the Fonts, it has been stopped for over 10 minutes, so QUESTION:

do I need to be online for the program to install?
        I think is something to do with being online that stops the download?
        I'm tearing my hair of here....
        No, you don't need to be online. You do need to be logged in as an administrator, though.

Is this the same computer you locked up in your closet because it didn't work properly?
        Lorne ( )
        Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MrsPeel
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
          Is this the same computer you locked up in your closet because it didn't work properly?
          yup
          only I spent 4 days running AVgs, SpyBot search & destroy & Malawarebytes scans, then defragmented the disk, put most of my photos in an external hard drive which I connected to the PC (in order to have the PC space almost empty, make it faster) and it works well now, even online.

I was gonna use it ofline for SBM, but it seems to be working OK online too.
          The program wouldn't indtall properly because I had a Zone Alarm which was stopping the computer working properly, I uninstalled it, then it went well, it took almost an hour though, but the program seems to be working well.

It then took me another long while to download the extension pack, so I didn't do much tonight, but I hope it will work now I did try and it's doing what it's meant to do, though SBM is slow to open, I take it I'm not the only one as I saw someone posting a thread about it...

The PC is a Dell bought new in the end of 2005, so, not great deal, but it'll do until we can buy my daughter's laptop
          I suppose I'll have to ask you guys to send me another email then, because the validity of it wont reach the weeks I need to finish saving the money for the laptop! LOL

Thanks so much, I know I'm a bit of a pain with all questions, but hey, my dad taught me when I was little that not only all paths get you to Rome, but is asking that you'll get there (not sure if it's the proper translation in English, but you get what I mean, right?)

I'm really exited, will do the cards tomorrow morning and be able to send them with my friend...Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
          X