• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFreeSpirit
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Problem with imported shapes

Hi

I don't know whether anyone has noticed this happen to their own artwork.

I have only just really started playing about making my own shapes. The ones I make in SBM work perfectly.

BUT some of the shapes that I make in RealDrawPro become distorted when opened. The graphic becomes narrower so that the shape is completely out of proportion to how I drew it.

This effect only happens when opened as a shape - the same graphic opened as an embellishment comes in at the correct proportion.

I have looked for commonalities at the creation stage, but cannot find any.

Its rather curious and I wonder if anyone else has a similar experience.

I will post some pics as PNGs when I am back on my desktop so that you can see exactly what I mean.

Blessings - Freespirit x
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
    I walk on a trail of song
    And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song
  • Scrapbook MAX!
    Your Host, Gracie!
    • Jan 2006

Shapes are always stretched to fit the dimensions of your photo. So, if you make a circle shape, and then apply it to a tall, narrow photo, the shape will be stretched into the same area as your photo, giving you an oval.

So, if you really want a circle, you'd want to use a square photo. If you really want an oval, then use a rectangular photo! etc. etc!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

Hi

Thanks for the response, but this happens when I use it with a paper scrap.

Surprisingly it doesn't happen with all the graphics I have created using the same method and the same source program. Weird huh?

I'm not at my desk right now, but when I am I will upload one of the graphics for demonstration purposes.

Blessings - FS xx
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• Lorne
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

With paper scraps the shape is stretched to fit the shape of the paper scrap.

Technically in both cases the shape is stretched to fit the object rectangle.
        Lorne ( )
        Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2008

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks both for your time.

FS x

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

The obvious has already been mentioned..but another problem with some shapes is that they have an invisible layer to them..Shapes need to be flattened images for optimum performance..So try taking the shapes made in RealDraw Pro into your SBM program and convert to jpg image and see if that doesn't fix the problem..

Good Luck!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
              Layout Whiz
              • Jan 2008

OK I have my answer and I'm happy.

Gracie and Lorne you hit the nail on the head, I just hadn't looked at it that way.

When I used the same graphic for a landscape photo (which I hadn't tried as it wasn't what I was trying to achieve) it came out in its correct proportion. Problem solved.

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time but it was rather confusing until I had it explained. Obviously you would need shapes to respond in exactly this way to keep the aspect proportion of photos. Doh!

Many blessings - FS x

ps Donna, thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm ok now I know the WHY.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

Way to go girl!! Glad you solved it and came back with fix! Everyone will benefit!!

Comment

Working...
                X