+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Scrapbook Max Slow to open!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled My new version of SBM and it is still taking up to 5minutes to open. Is anyone else having this trouble? My SBM 1.0 works fine and opens right away. Can anyone please help me??

That's odd. It launches almost instantly here.

What method do you use to start it? (Double-clicking on the icon? Going through the Start menu? Double-clicking on a project file...?)

What do you see on the screen while you're waiting for it to load?
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    That's odd. It launches almost instantly here.

What method do you use to start it? (Double-clicking on the icon? Going through the Start menu? Double-clicking on a project file...?)

What do you see on the screen while you're waiting for it to load?
    I double click on the icon. And then while I am waiting for it to load I don't see anything that let's me know that it is doing something until a few minutes has passed.

I just tried going through the start menu to see if that link was any different and it looks like it is the same thing.

I had problems with my SBM 1.0 and they sent me a fix up but it wasn't the opening of the program that was the problem. The problem was that the pages wouldn't load when I clicked on the add a page.

I have been enjoying the program (I have just been leaving it open) but am really frustrated with these issues. I am starting to think that SBM is not the program for me. Hopefully this problem will get addressed soon so I don't start looking for another program or go back to just doing the regular scrapbooking.

Thank you for your help!

1. How much memory does your computer have?
    2. What operating system are you running?
    3. This is a long shot but it could be due to slow hard drive performance...could you try defragmenting your hard drive?
    Lorne ( )

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    1. How much memory does your computer have?
    2. What operating system are you running?
    3. This is a long shot but it could be due to slow hard drive performance...could you try defragmenting your hard drive?
    I can try this but since all of my other programs are running fine with no change I don't think this is a problem. SBM 2.0 is the only program doing this to me and SBM 1.0 still works fine and opens right away.
    Oh and I am running Windows Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by shanave View Post
    I can try this but since all of my other programs are running fine with no change I don't think this is a problem.
    It is possible for part of a hard drive to be more fragmented than the rest of it. It usually isn't bad enough to be noticeable, but it is possible, and when it happens it will tend to affect the thing you've most recently installed.

One other thing you could try: go to Edit > Preferences > Content, and turn off the options that let you see content from previous versions (i.e. from Scrapbook MAX! 1.0). I don't think having those options turned on should affect the startup speed, but it's an easy thing to try.
    Lorne ( )

I have now defragmented my computer and tried turning off the previous version.

No luck. I have now turned on the previous version back on so I can see and use everything.

Thank you again for your help.

Which version of 2.0 are you using, shanave? 2.0.0.0, 2.0.1.0, or 2.0.2.0?

Was there any difference between the three versions, or were they all slow to launch for you?
    Lorne ( )

it's slow opening to me too, does exactly the same ...nothing that can tell me the program is opening, but it only takes two, three minutes maximum, which can seem a long time when you are looking at the screen..I ve only opened it twice after I downloaded it in the PC tonight, so I gotta see how it performs tomorrow...
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Another question:

Are you running any antivirus software in the background?

If so, try launching Scrapbook MAX with the antivirus disabled, and see if that makes a difference.
    Lorne ( )