• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oceania
    Mad Scrapper
    • Mar 2008

up loading changes layout help please

Hello all

Well I have struck an unusual problem. When I up load my picture it appears fine, clicked on the preview button before hitting the process button and what I see is what I have designed. However upon hitting process it changes my writing on my layout to a blur. I've tried 2 times to upload my layout but each time the upload changes the writing to a big blur mess, this is very frustrating can anyone explain why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Oceania; 10-21-2009, 04:34 PM.
    sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48
  • Oceania
    Mad Scrapper
    • Mar 2008

Any tech on line cause this is more than frustrated me now ( I have tried to alter the writing in case it was sensitive for the shadow and placed it as a journal text instead of just adding text but still each time I load it on here and press Process it renders the writing impossible to read. Someone in SBM tech support please help me solve this problem.

Thanks

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hi there!

Can you please clarify - are you talking about something that's happening when you upload to the online gallery, or do you mean when you are trying to add a photo to your page in Scrapbook MAX!? And when you have added a photo, your text objects change? I'd like to help, but I need more information about what's happening - thanks!

If you are using Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, please make sure that you have upgraded to the latest version (a free updated version with several new feautres and fixes for minor bugs was just released. To get yours, just go to Help > Check For Updates in the Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 menu).

Karin

Comment

• Oceania
        Mad Scrapper
        • Mar 2008

Yes it's when I'm uploading to the gallery in here on sbm and it has no photo on it it's pretty much all text and it is the text that changes.

Once I have uploaded into the gallery and press the process button it is then that the changes happen.

The text becomes fuzzy and un-readable.

I even took it into photoshop and re saved it via photoshop then attempted to upload it into the gallery. However the exact same problem happened.

So though I am no expect that alone suggests that it has something to do with the gallery and not something with the actual product.

With photo up loads into the gallery they all work fine it is only text that is not working.

And yes I have version 2 and it's been up dated with the latest updates.

Thanks

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
          Your Host, Gracie!
          • Jan 2006

Can you post a link to this image in the gallery?
          Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

Could it be that the image is to small to be clear?

Comment

• Oceania
              Mad Scrapper
              • Mar 2008

Hi, my apologies on the late reply but I have been in hospital. Marion thanks for the suggestion but I have always done my layouts and then up loaded them in full size. Karin here is the link to the gallery. I'll leave it up until you have had a chance to view it then I will delete it. Thanks.

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                Your Host, Gracie!
                • Jan 2006

(I even took it into photoshop and re saved it via photoshop then attempted to upload it into the gallery. However the exact same problem happened.
                Yes, that's not a problem with Scrapbook MAX!, but one of two things:

1. You are uploading a very small image to the gallery. What are the dimension of your image?

2. The JPG quality setting you have chosen when saving your image is too low for this particular image. JPG is optimized for photos, but your page is almost all text. You should output your page at the highest possible JPG quality setting (your file size will increase dramatically when you do this) in order to try and get around this "limitation" of the JPG format itself. (A better solution for all-text images it to use a lossless format like PNG, but that's not a very good choice for sharing online as the file sizes are quite large)

Note that all images uploaded to the online gallery are resized to 650x650 pixels and then saved as JPG, with a rather high compression setting in order to reduce storage size, reduce bandwidth usage, increase download speed and allow for viewing on most monitors without scrolling.

Publishing your image at exactly 650x650, and setting your JPG quality setting to 90 or higher will minimize the processing that the happens when you upload to the gallery and perhaps give you better results for this particular image.

Comment

• Oceania
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Mar 2008

Thanks for your reply though I'm now confused. Where on SBM Version 2 do I go to see the dimensions that you are referring to? Because going into (page then settings then clicking size it shows the following: Under presets it's set to regular scrapbooking square of 8 x 8 inches and then resolution set is 200 pixels/inches. Under edit then preferences the same reading is set there. All my other pictures that I have previously up loaded into scrapbook max gallery do not appear small and have all been done on those settings including the text picture that I submitted with the question about the writing going all blurry. So I must be missing something on the program as far as the settings go so can you be more specific on where to go and what settings to set up please. Thanks

Comment

• MaggieMae
                    Digi Sage
                    • May 2006

I'm probably wrong, but I think the setting is when you publish it to images. Usually the full size is 90 and the web/email size is 70. Maybe the 70 can be changed to 90. Hope this gets solved for you soon!
                    Julie

Comment

• Oceania
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Mar 2008

I'm still confused about what you said re sizing so am awaiting detail instructions on what and where you mean to change these. Thanks

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                        Your Host, Gracie!
                        • Jan 2006

Here is a link to the help file that describes all of the Image publishing options:

What you want to do it go to:
                        File > Publish To > Images...

The, in the Preset section choose "Web/Email"

In the Advanced section, there is a setting for JPEG quality. Choose 95.

Click OK.

Now go look at that image. How does it look to you?

Now try uploading that page to the gallery. Does it look OK?

Comment

Working...
                        X