X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naugle1
    • Sep 2006

Version 2 question on Embi's & Paper

I have been using ScrapbookMax for almost 3 years and love it so I just upgraded to the version 2 edition. Now most of the papers and embellishments are not clear. They all seem to be out of focus or something. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I love the new things in the program but if I cannot get clearer images I won't be able to use it and will have to try to redownload my older version. Any comments/suggestions will be appreciated! HELP!!!
    Christine
  • poppabob
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jul 2006

Version 2 uses a bilinear filter (by default) when you are zoomed out for rendering the objects while you are designing a page. This is much faster while you are working. When you publish the pages the high quality lanczos filter is used and you should not see the "fuzziness" in your published pages/files.

In the new update that was just released they give you an option to change this setting.

Go into Edit-->Preferences and then click on the left hand side where it says "Display Quality". You will notice several options then on the right. Look at these options. Changing these options may change performance while working on a page.

The bottom line is, when publishing your pages they are published using the high quality filter.

Hope this helps and I explained that right. If not, I'm sure one of the developers will chime in promptly.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
      Your Host, Gracie!
      • Jan 2006

Are you using version 2.0.2.0? Choose Help > About to see if you are still using v2.0.0.0. If you don't have the current release, choose Help > Check for Update to download and install the current version.

We made a number of changes to give you crystal clear images at "design time" (and it looks even better than that when you publish your final images) while still maintaining the blazing speed (it's like a million times faster than v1 - well, not quite but it feels like it)!
      Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• KayJay
        • Jan 2008

I had EXACTLY the same issue with SBM 2.0 when I first downloaded it, came here with the same question and the guys listened to me - even though i was the only one complaining at the time - and GREATLY improved the WYSIWYG on SBM 2.0 in the update!
        Download the update and change the settings, it is MUCH better!
        Hugs
        Kerri

PS: So glad that finally someone else was seeing fuzzy images, I was beginning to think I needed to see the optician!

Comment

• naugle1
          • Sep 2006

I checked and am using to 2.0.2.0 version and I changed the quality to Lanczos, then I restarted to program and I am still having fuzzy images.

So.. Kerri, what else did you do?

Originally posted by KayJay View Post
          I had EXACTLY the same issue with SBM 2.0 when I first downloaded it, came here with the same question and the guys listened to me - even though i was the only one complaining at the time - and GREATLY improved the WYSIWYG on SBM 2.0 in the update!
          Download the update and change the settings, it is MUCH better!
          Hugs
          Kerri

PS: So glad that finally someone else was seeing fuzzy images, I was beginning to think I needed to see the optician!
          Christine

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
            Your Host, Gracie!
            • Jan 2006

Try starting a new project from a Blank Scrapbook. Do you still see the same problem? When do you see this "fuzziness"? (e.g. When you are designing your page? Does it happen after you publish your page? What zoom level are you working at? Does it happen when you are zoomed in to 100% to really inspect your embellishments?)
            Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Lorne
              Super Moderator
              • Jan 2006

Depending on the size of the original images, this might also help:
              1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and change your Memory Usage setting to "Use lots of memory" -- this increases the size for any new temporary images stored inside your project's Resize folder.
              2. Start a brand new project.
              Lorne ( )
              Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

Working...
              X