X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieM
    • Aug 2006

Uninstalling v.1 after installing v.2

I have installed the new version of SBM (v.2). Can I now uninstall V.1 and retain materials from that version so that v.2 can pick them up?
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Don't quote me on this...lol...I'm sure someone will come along to help you...

But as far as I know...before uninstalling V.1, you need to transfer your files over to the V.2 folders...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
      Your Host, Gracie!
      • Jan 2006

If you want to be able to access all the content that you have installed in v1.0, then don't uninstall v1.0! Alternatively, you can copy over all of that content to your v2.0 folders, but that's up to you.
      Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• daisydilly
        • Apr 2009

the only things that didn't transfer--that i'm aware of--are some of my fonts. is there any way to get more fonts for SBM 2.0 or are they pre-set?

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
          Your Host, Gracie!
          • Jan 2006

Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 will automatically find and use every TrueType font installed on your system. You don't need to do anything special.

Comment

• daisydilly
            • Apr 2009

Ahhh-true fonts only huh. that could be the reason I lost some then. ooh well not a major issue but thanks for the answer

Comment

• kmgoff30
              • Jul 2006

I can't fomd the uninstall in my Add/Remove Programs window. How do you uninstall v.1?

Comment

• poppabob
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by kmgoff30 View Post
                I can't fomd the uninstall in my Add/Remove Programs window. How do you uninstall v.1?
                I have XP and on my Start menu there is a shortcut:

Start-->All Programs-->Scrapbook MAX!-->Uninstall Scrapbook MAX!
                -=poppabob=-
                If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2007

Something to take in consideration....

All templates from Version 1.0 will not work in the new version...

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                    Your Host, Gracie!
                    • Jan 2006

Something to take in consideration....

All templates from Version 1.0 will not work in the new version...
                    That is not correct. All templates made for v1.0 *will* work just fine with v2.0.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

OMG....Call me brain dead...lol...I wasn't thinking when I wrote that...I apologize...I was doing three things at once...I was writing an email to someone to let them know that Version 2.0 templates would not work with version 1.0 and got my words wrong in here...So sorry...lol...

*runs to her naughty corner*

Comment

• lemonade6363
                        • Aug 2009

I just purchased some kits and alphas from the SBM store and when I try to install them after the download, it gives me an error that states it is "not a valid SBM template or gallery file". Help...I want to be able to use the items that I purchased.

Thank you!
                        Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

Comment

• juliescraps
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lemonade6363 View Post
                          I just purchased some kits and alphas from the SBM store and when I try to install them after the download, it gives me an error that states it is "not a valid SBM template or gallery file". Help...I want to be able to use the items that I purchased.

Thank you!
                          I have had a simular problem before. Make sure you contact customer service in the store and I am sure they will help you.

Comment

• lemonade6363
                            • Aug 2009

Thank you, Juliescraps! I have been in contact with them and they are working on it!
                            Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

Comment

Working...
                            X