X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove October 2009 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free*monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The “Freebie” Part!

Michelle McCoy has made an awesome kit for "stamp-y" pages - very cool!

The “Challenge” Part!

Here's the challenge from Michelle:

This month I thought I would try something easy, but different from the ordinary “Fall” or “Halloween” theme for October. I think this challenge will keep your ideas flowing since there are so many ways to be creative with this.
    Here is what I want you to do…

1.) Download freebie.

2.) Using the stamp templates provided, you are to make a layout look like a postal stamp..basically we are making our own personal stamp, but as a layout. Templates provided can be used for 12x12, 8x8, 5x7 or 4x6 in size.

3.) You can ONLY use items from the kit provided. But you MAY change the color of anything you use and you may make other embellishments out of the backgrounds as well…

4.) Upload your layout to the gallery and add the image or link to your page, here in this thread.

5.) ALL participants have a chance to win the new updated ScrapbookMax 2.0 software (or, the Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 Expansion Pack of your choice). Every week, I will randomly pick one person who places a layout for this challenge - and that person wins the prize! If you don’t win the first week, don’t give up, make another page for the second week, etc etc…Good luck to you!

6.) If you would like to share your template for others to have, by all means, upload the .smt file here as well..

I hope you have fun with this one, and remember, if you have any questions…Pleeeeeeease ~ ask away…((HUGS))

Be sure to check out the October 2009 issue of The Groove. You'll find layouts made using Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, some step-by-step tutorials for some of the new software features (bendable text, color and tint, eye-dropper, invert shape), a 10% off coupon on featured kits, and more!

Happy Scrapping!
    from The Groove
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Groove; 10-01-2009, 05:56 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

I am so thrilled to host this challenge this month...!!!! Plus, I get to give a way 4 of the New ScrapbookMax 2.0 Software....I can't wait to see your pages...Here is my example page...((HUGS))
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

'Wicked fun idea!! oh..girl!! Can't wait!! yippie!!

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

i made a couple of stamps so hope this is okay to display them like this

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• laurie016@mywdo.com
          • Oct 2008

Forever Stamp

This is so fun...I made a of stamp of my dad and I when I was little....I love my dad so much and late this summer he was diagnosed with Alzhemiers.....I cherish every memory I have with him... and I will FOREVER...Laurie J.
          Attached Files
          My sister My friend KPierce

Comment

• KPierce
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            This is so fun...I made a of stamp of my dad and I when I was little....I love my dad so much and late this summer he was diagnosed with Alzhemiers.....I cherish every memory I have with him... and I will FOREVER...Laurie J.
            Ah ....too sweet and great stamp.
            My buddy is GrannyWin.
            My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

Laurie and Wendy, great stamps!!! I can't believe you guys are rockin' on this already....You work quickly...lol...Now remember, You need submit a layout each week for the drawings....Woo-Hoo!!!!! This is so exciting...

Donna, I want to see a stamp from you too...<wink> Grammie said she might try it out as well...Love ya guys!!! ((HUGS))

Keep the great stamp~y's coming!!!!!

Comment

• tanni
                • Feb 2009

My stamp page

Fun challenge, I finally figured out how to recolor in SBM. go me
                Last edited by tanni; 10-01-2009, 08:55 PM.
                Mary S

Comment

• Oceania
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Mar 2008

Lovely layouts already wow

Here is mine I feel it's a little on the plain side but will do something better next week hehehe

sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• brodes
                    • Jan 2008

help

I'm having a go at this challenge but could someone please help me? How do you recolour embies etc in scrapbook max, I've never worked that one out.
                    Thanks

Comment

• melissa76
                      • Mar 2008

This is a cool design. Thanks so much.

Comment

• ryansmom66
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jan 2008

Can't wait to give this a try. Thanks Michelle
                        Trisha
                        My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• wolvsie35
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by brodes View Post
                          I'm having a go at this challenge but could someone please help me? How do you recolour embies etc in scrapbook max, I've never worked that one out.
                          Thanks
                          I am not good at explaining things, but I am going to try...lol...
                          When working in MAX, you need to pull an item in you want to use, make sure it is highlighted (it should have a sqaure around it for resizing),

For v.1, you then look towards the top and find EFFECTS, click on it and then click on the advanced option, you will then get a new window with many choices...Find Hue and Saturation...Use the sliding bars to make changes, click APPLY and it will show the new change you made...Keep playing around with the hue, saturation, and lightness/darkness to get the color you want... Moving left in the saturation will give you a duller (if thats a word...lmbo) and sliding it to the right will make the color brighter...

For v.2 (which gives you a "real time" change...so so cool...lol)..This time when your item is highlighted, you just double click it, and a new window will appear...At the top left of the window, you will see an advanced tab, click that, and there you will see your hue, saturation, etc...Now when you slide the bars, you can see the changes right away as you are sliding....Very neat, and love this new addition!

I sure hope this helps...LOL...If I can help you any further, please don't hesitate to ask...Can't wait to see what you come up with...((HUGS))

tanni, Oceania and melissa....Love your Stamp-y's....cute little guy tanni...hehe...and glad you could learn something new..that is what this is all about...Oceania...love the colors you changed the items too...Cute photo as well...and melissa...You did an awesome job...the photo you used is adoorable! Thanks for submitting a page...and good luck in the contest...Whoo-Hoo!!!!
                          Last edited by wolvsie35; 10-02-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Karin
                            • Jan 2006

Hello!

Just popping in on brodes colorizing question - for a visual demonstration of what Michelle described, check out The Groove October 2009 here:

There are three mini-tutorials with screenshots on how to use some of the new featurs in Scrapbook MAX 2.0, including colorzing (tutorial #2) - hope that helps!

And keep those layouts coming - they're great (what a cool challenge!)

Karin

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2007

Oh, this sounds like sooo much fun. Can't wait to get the computer back from the fix-it shop. I NEED to scrap! Gotta have my fix, ya know!
                              Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                              X