X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrappyaggie48
    Layout Whiz
    • Sep 2007

I have only just read this post, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your mum and hope it is better news for u xoxoxo
    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• nanwu
      Digi Sage
      • Apr 2007

here is what the doctors have diagnosed.....she is deteriating rapidly and is being placed in intensive care tonight so treatment can commence......now it's just wait and see how she responds and what her long term out look will be....keep praying girls and thank you

Pertinent facts about Guillain-Barré syndrome include the following (the figures are approximate):

* Frequency is about 1 to 2 cases in 100,000 population each year (0.001 - 0.002%); the disorder is rare
      * About 50% of cases follow a viral illness.
      * Diagnosis can be difficult in the syndrome's early stages.
      * The disorder is not contagious.
      * Half the patients initially develop abnormal sensations; 25% present initially with muscle weakness (often difficulty walking); 25% present initially with both abnormal sensations and weakness.
      * Rehabilitation is the major form of treatment.
      * Recovery may occur over 6 months to 2 years or longer. It can occur sooner.
      * In the early stages of the illness, prognosis or long-term outcome is not predictable.
      * Up to 90% of patients eventually have complete or almost complete recovery.
      * Five to 15% of patients will have significant long-term disability or handicap.
      * Perhaps 35 to 45% of patients have long lasting, but mild, abnormalities.
      * The frequency of death is about 1 - 5% usually due to respiratory or cardiovascular complications.

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• wolvsie35
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2007

I am sorry Wendy...This news must be hard...I am praying for you sweetie...and my heart is going out to you...I am hoping they find out what is causing all this...((HUGS))
        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date.I wish I could help you but all I have to offer is my friendship and prayers.I will be thinking of you.xo
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2008

So very sorry to hear about your Mum, you must be quite distraught.

Adding my prayers and sending love.

Blessings to you and your Mum - Freespirit xx
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
            I walk on a trail of song
            And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Smile
              Digi Sage
              • Nov 2006

Hello Wendy: Just came across this and I am praying for you and your mom. Thanks also for keeping us so informed. You have alot too deal with so please take care off yourself.............Lois........xoxoxo
              sigpic....

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

I am so sorry, have just read this. Thinking of you and hoping things are improving. xxxxxx
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• knzus
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jan 2007

Wendy??? Anything new on your mum???

Keeping you in our prayers!! {{ ♥ hugz ♥ }}
                  Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• nanwu
                    Digi Sage
                    • Apr 2007

well i am back from Melbourne for a couple of weeks to spend some time with hubby before he deploys. Mum is stable, and the paralysis has slowed down which is a good sign. She is not needing to be put on a ventilator now and they are hoping to have her moved to rehab later this week or early next week. I will be flying back there once hubby has deployed to spend a little bit more time with her while she is going through rehab and to move her stuff to her new unit (which has finally become available). Thank you for the prayers and thoughts, mum still has a long road ahead of her and it is going to take great strength and a fair bit of time to come back from this completely, but the doctors are very reassuring that she will eventually be back to her old self (or at least close to what she was before this all happened)...please keep the prayers coming they are working for sure

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• wolvsie35
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2007

I am so glad to hear things are improving...No matter how slow the process is...I will keep you and your mom in my daily prayers...((HUGS)) Don't forget to take care of you too...
                      I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• eye
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

Oh this is good news.Prayers are stuck to her like crazy glue.Take care and enjoy hubbie xo.Keep in touch.
                        sigpic
                        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                        X