+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: mums ill again

Oh no! How distressing for you. I know how it feels to live far from my mother when she falls ill. It's so much easier to handle when you are actually THERE where you can SEE her. Praying for you both.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

thanks for all the prayers, please keep them coming....she has had a couple of more minor strokes since the first one and hubby has booked me a flight for Wednesday so will be away for a week as i am going to stay at mum's unit (it's not to far from the hospital) and there is no internet. Will be back the following Monday 12th, have to come back then as hubby is off to Afghanastan again in a couple of weeks so need to also spend some time with him before he leaves. Thanks for all your prayers so far

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Oh I wish only the best.It is so hard for you and your pockets are full of prayers. Keep me posted xo

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

omg, know i am so confused, the hospital did an MRI as mum is deteriating and it showed that she didn't have a stroke although she keeps having stroke like episodes and all her symptons point to a stroke......now they are talking about .....oh i don't know...something to do with muscle's around her spine deteriating or something and they are doing a spinal tap today to see if there is anyway to stop the deteriation. She has lost nearly all control of her speach, she has no strength down her left side and her eyes are wondering and her eyelids won't close properly.....i am hanging out to get there on Wednesday

Oh, Wendy.....hope the news improves. STill praying for you and you mum and your husband, too! So much on your plate right now. Just know that we are all thinking of you and wish we were there to help. Take care of yourself, too!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

I have only just read this post, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your mum and hope it is better news for u xoxoxo
    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

here is what the doctors have diagnosed.....she is deteriating rapidly and is being placed in intensive care tonight so treatment can commence......now it's just wait and see how she responds and what her long term out look will be....keep praying girls and thank you

Pertinent facts about Guillain-Barré syndrome include the following (the figures are approximate):

* Frequency is about 1 to 2 cases in 100,000 population each year (0.001 - 0.002%); the disorder is rare
    * About 50% of cases follow a viral illness.
    * Diagnosis can be difficult in the syndrome's early stages.
    * The disorder is not contagious.
    * Half the patients initially develop abnormal sensations; 25% present initially with muscle weakness (often difficulty walking); 25% present initially with both abnormal sensations and weakness.
    * Rehabilitation is the major form of treatment.
    * Recovery may occur over 6 months to 2 years or longer. It can occur sooner.
    * In the early stages of the illness, prognosis or long-term outcome is not predictable.
    * Up to 90% of patients eventually have complete or almost complete recovery.
    * Five to 15% of patients will have significant long-term disability or handicap.
    * Perhaps 35 to 45% of patients have long lasting, but mild, abnormalities.
    * The frequency of death is about 1 - 5% usually due to respiratory or cardiovascular complications.

I am sorry Wendy...This news must be hard...I am praying for you sweetie...and my heart is going out to you...I am hoping they find out what is causing all this...((HUGS))
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date.I wish I could help you but all I have to offer is my friendship and prayers.I will be thinking of you.xo

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

So very sorry to hear about your Mum, you must be quite distraught.

Adding my prayers and sending love.

Blessings to you and your Mum - Freespirit xx