Clear All
  • someguy2008
    • Oct 2009

can't wait to you show people my mad skillz

Comment

• ibmiles
      • Oct 2009

Wow Thank You So Much!!!

Wow I'm so excited & I really really really appreciate it. I think so much of this family and love them so much and try to help out any chance that I can. I have loved getting into scrapbooking and facebook just for the simple fact that I have learned so much more about our family it makes you guys seem like you live here instead of there. Thanks once again for just being you and the awsome awsome gift!!! Love ya Kim

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
        I was really hoping some one would post a tip regarding moving ribbon or caption text. I have a terrible time, especially if the text is small in size. I know the cursor changes to move the text versus rotating it but sometimes it gets a spin on it and won't move especially like I said if the text is small in size which it defaults to a really small font size on the ribbon text. If you don't remember to change that size you might as well forget moving it cause it is going to spin like crazy.

So...........give it up. Who has a tip on how to move it without it spinning out of control? Please, please.
        Hi

KPierce, if you keep your cursor in the space between nodes, you should be OK.

Another interesting tip everyone may find useful:

By moving the rotational cursor over the points (nodes) on your ribbon you can change the axis of spin. So in plain language:
        • Create ribbon text
        • Hover the cursor over the first point on the ribbon, cursor turns to curved arrow
        • Gently move the cursor right or left to begin spin
        • Now move to the next point and repeat action. You will notice the spin centres itself around that point instead.
        • To move the whole ribbon text, move the cursor so that it is over any of the spaces between the points

In this way you can get a lot of control about when you spin and when you move, and at what point you begin to spin the text.

Is that as clear as mud?

Check it out and see what I mean.

Blessings - FS xx
        Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 10-19-2009, 04:15 AM.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
        I walk on a trail of song
        And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• poppabob
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jul 2006

Good tip! Thanks, TheFreeSpirit.
          -=poppabob=-
          If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Bless you Free Spirit for the FANTASTIC tip..once AGAIN!!

Ibmiles...bless you girl..LOVE having you around!!

Poppabob ..BIG HUGS!! so tickled to have you back!!

Someguy2008..anxious to see what you have up your sleeve! LOL..

You all are awesome and we are LOADED with wonderful stuff!! Lovin it!!

Keep em comin!!

Comment

• twpclerk
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2008

Thanks for all the tips everyone, haven't been using new version long enough to give any tips, but will try sometime soon!!
              Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
              *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
              Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
              OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

We LOVE the tips and tricks best I think in this challenge!! LOL..But then all the goodies and templates..oh..I can't decide!! Tooo close!!

HUGS everyone..Tomorrow is last day for comments in Designer October Gallery to count toward participation and tally up all the new goodies to catch us another production winner!!

AWESOME folks!!

HUGS,
                donna

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

I am lovin all of these goodies! Can't wait til I get home so I can download them! Great work everyone! On the tips too!
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• wolvsie35
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2007

I think Sue is going through "download syndrome" LOL.... Can't wait until you come back....Stay safe...
                    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Tip: Rotate paper scrap inside an object..

THis tip is mentioned in help section...but Mark..Super Moderator..brought to light when Michelle asked about this..so here is the tip!

Rotate or move a paper scrap/image pattern
                      If you find yourself in love with a particular pattern, but think it would look a little better at a different angle, or offset slightly, no problem! Scrapbook MAX! allows you to zoom, move, and rotate paper scrap images, or image patterns used in captions, ribbon text or journal text objects through their object preview windows. The following features are available in the preview window of the object properties of paper scraps, or captions, ribbon text and journal text when the Image/Pattern style is selected:

* To rotate a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Alt key, left-click and move the mouse to the left or right.
                      * To move a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Ctrl key, left-click and drag the image to the desired position.
                      * To zoom a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Ctrl key while scrolling the mouse wheel.

Thanks Michelle and Diana for bringing to my attention!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jan 2008

Tip: Rotate paper scrap inside an object..
                        What a delicious tip! *scuttles off to try it out ...*
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jan 2008

Just tried it - couldn't wait - fantastic tip that actually solves a problem I was having with using a paper scrap as a background if you need to resize / reshape it. Because what was happening was I was getting a kind of tiled effect and had no control over what part of the image was being used. BUT - problem solved!

Thans guys!

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                            Digi Sage
                            • Aug 2008

another layout.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• autisticwonder
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Nov 2006

Valerie Elaine!! Way to go!!

I'll be dropping a template into the challenge as part of freebie to my upcoming kit called "Dark Side of Halloween". You can rearrange it, add to it..and resubmit for credit for last week of our challenge here!!

Look for it at sunset!! LOL..Eastern Standard Time!!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                                THis tip is mentioned in help section...but Mark..Super Moderator..brought to light when Michelle asked about this..so here is the tip!

Rotate or move a paper scrap/image pattern
                                If you find yourself in love with a particular pattern, but think it would look a little better at a different angle, or offset slightly, no problem! Scrapbook MAX! allows you to zoom, move, and rotate paper scrap images, or image patterns used in captions, ribbon text or journal text objects through their object preview windows. The following features are available in the preview window of the object properties of paper scraps, or captions, ribbon text and journal text when the Image/Pattern style is selected:

* To rotate a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Alt key, left-click and move the mouse to the left or right.
                                * To move a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Ctrl key, left-click and drag the image to the desired position.
                                * To zoom a paper scrap image or image pattern inside the object, hold down the Ctrl key while scrolling the mouse wheel.

Thanks Michelle and Diana for bringing to my attention!!
                                I am so glad for this tip!! For years now I never figured this out, nor did I ask...but when I would bring in a paper scrap to use a shape, the scrap was brought in with the pattern being larger then what the paper really looked like and it bothered me so...I was at the point of bringing in the scrap in as a photo, so it didn't change the paper...lol...But then of course to export it as a template, the shape turned into a grey image to add a photo...HEHEHE...So I am very thankful for this tip....and I hope it helped so many more...

Love all the newer goodies in here too...and some of these layouts are to die for! Great job...((HUGS))
                                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X