X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

We'll have to call this thread.."Autumn Christmas"..WILD !! Love all the frames and buttons Nanwu!! You busy wonderful!! YEAH!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

More Embies to share. Toadstools!

OK, this is curious, I'm certain I just posted these once. If you find some toadstools wandering around, please send them back here!

Anyway, I just finished these this morning. They are not very big but they seem to work fine. I apologise if the other post turns up.

Blessings - FS xx
      Attached Files
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

FS..BRILLIANT toadstools!! THANKS GIRL!! haven't seen them popup before on this thread..you may have these beauties on another thread? Glad they are with us now!! LOL..HUGS!!!

Comment

• twpclerk
          Layout Whiz
          • Feb 2008

I'm loving these tips, thank you all, haven't got them all read yet, but can I assume that everything from version one (embies, shapes, papers, etc.) works with version two as well.
          Haven't used the new one enough to post a tip or trick, hopefully can get back into the swing of this.
          Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
          *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
          Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
          OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
            Layout Whiz
            • Jan 2008

Tip: Making Greeting Cards with SBM

Tip: Making Greeting Cards with SBM

I make all my cards from SBM. This is what I do:
            • Open a blank scrapbook and call it Greeting Card or something else appropriate.
            • Make your page the size of the card you will print on before it is folded. The finished card will be printed on printer cardstock, and folded once down the centre. I make mine 8.27 inches wide, 5.75 inches deep.
            • Now select a paper scrap as your background.
            • Drag it out so that it fills exactly half of the page – use the ruler as a guide.
            • Place the resized paper scrap to the right half of your page (see thumbnail).
            • Now embellish just as you would a scrapbook layout.
            • Insert a second page.
            • From your first page, copy the paper scrap and paste it onto page 2, in the same position.
            • Double click the scrap you have just pasted on page 2 and select a custom shape.
            • Invert the shape so that it becomes a frame.
            • Add whatever text you wish to use inside and on the front page.
            • Embellish as desired

To print the card, you will need to print it one page at a time UNLESS you have an edge to edge duplex printer.

I suggest you practise to make sure that you get the direction of the page right to print the inside – I’ve had a few mishaps with this. But once you work out how your printer prints you will be fine.

The thumbnails will show you my example.

Blessings – FS xx
            Attached Files
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
              This is exactly how I do this.. Been downloading pics for a long time. Tried again on the cat & got the same. Everything I have ever downloaded of Eyes & Rosanna all are loaded at 20%. Does not make since to me.
              Gotart....Eye's and Rosanna's stuff are small...I have downloaded alot of their stuff, and they have the pixels pretty small...I have made the items bigger and most of them look ok...I haven't seen much of a problem with the rest of the girls freebies...

Valerie....Love the turkey and their huge eyes...Gave me a great, needed laugh...Too cute!!! LOL...

Love all the other goodies too...thanks...
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2008

Template:Thanksgiving Greeting Card

I thought some of you might enjoy the Thanksgiving Greeting card template - since I've made it you may as well share it!

FS xx
                Attached Files

Comment

• poppabob
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jul 2006

I quit downloading many of SBM members elements because most of them only come up as 20%. Then they are so little I can't use them. I have deleted most elements for several yrs & can't figure out why?
                  For example Freespirts Black cat: when I save as it says: Black20%Cat & it loads really small. Would be nice to figure it out..
                  Thanks, Terry
                  The 20% is HTML code and represents the space character, not the size of the graphic. Which browser are you using?
                  -=poppabob=-
                  If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by twpclerk View Post
                    I'm loving these tips, thank you all, haven't got them all read yet, but can I assume that everything from version one (embies, shapes, papers, etc.) works with version two as well.
                    Haven't used the new one enough to post a tip or trick, hopefully can get back into the swing of this.
                    To answer your question..YES..all the embellishments, paper scraps, background papers are for BOTH versions..THe only difference is in the TEMPLATES..Version 2.0 can include the 1.0 version templates..BUT..the 1.0 CAN NOT accept the version 2.0..

THANKS twpclerk for a good question!! and jump right in and have some fun with us!! Oh..and you are registered for the random drawing for this week with your comment!!

Same to you poppabob!! YEAH!! THAnks for your comment to GOTART!!
                    Hey Michelle!! ALways love your comments!!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2008

Tip - for highlighting words or phrases

Ever wanted to highlight certain words in your text to bring them to attention? Here's a fun way to do it.

Open Journal Text box, type your text and format it to the size and font, choose a lightish colour and click OK
                      Now copy and paste the copy of the text on the page.
                      Double click the copy.
                      Choose a suitable colour for highlighting your text.
                      Delete everything execpt the word or phrase you wish to bring to attention.
                      Change the colour of the word or phrase that you have kept.
                      Click OK.
                      Drag the handles of your new copy and pull them in so that the text box just shows the new text copy.
                      Now zoom your page up so that you can see exactly what you're doing.
                      Place the new text directly on top of the old text and voila! Highlighted text!

See the thumbnail to see exactly what I'm getting at - its very effective and quite addictive!

FS xx
                      Attached Files

Comment

• autisticwonder
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Nov 2006

Last day for 2nd week enteries..

Producers standing so far: (closes tonight)
                        *Kpierce 295
                        TheFreeSpirit 290
                        KimmyAnn 255
                        ValerieElaine 195
                        *Nanwu 140
                        Nannybernie 135
                        Omajo 125
                        Mortmomof2 120
                        Sacannon 90
                        Wolvsie35 55
                        TiffanyScraps 25

(purple highlighted indicates PREVIOUS WINNERS and cannot win another challenge for 2 months.)
                        Participants for RANDOM Drawing:
                        (previous winners can elect to give their vote to another on this list for increased Chance to win by 1 vote…email me today if you haven’t done so already)
                        TheFreeSpirit
                        KimmyAnn
                        ValerieElaine
                        TiffanyScraps
                        Omajo
                        Nannybernie
                        Sacannon
                        dillie1
                        [email protected]
                        ibmiles
                        MarthaT
                        O2BNGdHope
                        GoTart
                        Mswizard
                        Twpclerk
                        Poppabob

If anyone NOT on the list that should be..please let me know..
                        Final list will be submitted tomorrow morning!!
                        THANKS everyone for AWESOME week!!and WEEKS!!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                          Digi Sage
                          • May 2006

Thanks, FreeSpirit, for the highlighted text hint! This is something I've wanted to do since I started with SBM in 2006! What a clever hint - I used to make it so hard by leaving space, etc. Thanks!!!
                          Julie

Comment

• poppabob
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Jul 2006

Tips - Colorizing

I've read through this thread twice now and don't remember half of the tips that have already been done so I hope this isn't duplicated.

While the new max 2.0 has some great new tools for adjusting color, let's not forget this simple way to change the overall tint of a photo/background, etc.

Take a paper scrap (such as the different color construction papers included) and bring it into the layout.

Resize the scrap to the same size as the photo/background etc.

Then, either move it on top of the photo and decrease the transparency of the scrap

or

move it behind the photo and decrease the transparency of photo!

Combined with changing the color of the scrap with the new adjust color options, the possibilities are endless for getting the tint just right.

This example shows how I changed the tint of the original photo using this method (with a blue scrap) and then using it as the background for the layout.
                            Attached Files
                            -=poppabob=-
                            If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• Gotart
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by poppabob View Post
                              The 20% is HTML code and represents the space character, not the size of the graphic. Which browser are you using?
                              I am using Internet Explorer 8. The 20% is in the name when it is saved.. I don't know why I have this problem.. It is only with embellishments & papers from SBM family forums..

sigpic

Comment

• poppabob
                                Mad Scrapper
                                • Jul 2006

I am using Internet Explorer 8. The 20% is in the name when it is saved.. I don't know why I have this problem.. It is only with embellishments & papers from SBM family forums..
                                Ok. I'm going to PM you so we can move it out of this thread and see if we can't figure out what's going on. I've got IE8 on a couple machines here and we'll see if I can try and duplicate the problem.
                                -=poppabob=-

Comment

Working...
                                X