• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPierce
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by nanwu View Post
    loving these tips, thanks everyone....I don't have v2 yet but am having a ball with the trial
    Wendy, You can submit tips for v1 too.

The v2 trial will still allow you to export templates. For people who have purchased v2 when they import it will be normal template without the ribbon on the bottom and fully functional. So you can still participate.

Gee does this count as a tip.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• Oceania
      Mad Scrapper
      • Mar 2008

Awesome Challenge

WOW very cool tip there wolvsie35 now I know what to do when I want to do that, thanks for that

I have V2 but I will have to use it a bit more to get in here and give out some tips
      sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
        Wendy, You can submit tips for v1 too.

The v2 trial will still allow you to export templates. For people who have purchased v2 when they import it will be normal template without the ribbon on the bottom and fully functional. So you can still participate.

Gee does this count as a tip.

oh wow didn't know this.....thought that if i made a template with trial then anyone opening it would have the sbm trial ribbon across the bottom....well then i better get busy

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• autisticwonder
          Scrap Guru
          • Nov 2006

yes..Kpierce..that was a GREAT tip you mentioned!! I'll be sure to note it!! LOL..

Yeah..Nanwu..go girl..templates 1.0 work in 2.0..just not the other way around..

Love to see your fun OCeania!!

Kpierce..yeah..4shared or similar accounts are needed to upload the larger templates..LOVE your template..The textured plaids put the MB way up there..sorry..but some of us love texture..It still counts the 25 points reguardless of uploading for sharing or not..but we would all love to get our 2.0 versions coming in.

ANOTHER option for you Kpierce..just email it to me..if less than 15 MB..and I'll put in our 4 shared account..They are large files..I worked hard to bring the size down..sorry!!

GREAT participation!! Wow!! keep em coming!!

Comment

• wolvsie35
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2007

Tip you might not know

Hey Donna, I was trying to help a newbie in my challenge thread to change color on something...I do hope I helped her...I just love knowing there are new people coming in...Love it!!!!! Anywho...I thought I would post it in here too..Now remember, I can't be held responsible if something goes wrong....lol....j/k..this might help someone...

To change colors of any item in MAX...

For v.1, you then look towards the top and find EFFECTS, click on it and then click on the advanced option, you will then get a new window with many choices...Find Hue and Saturation...Use the sliding bars to make changes, click APPLY and it will show the new change you made...Keep playing around with the hue, saturation, and lightness/darkness to get the color you want... Moving left in the saturation will give you a duller (if thats a word...lmbo) and sliding it to the right will make the color brighter...

For v.2 (which gives you a "real time" change...so so cool...lol)..This time when your item is highlighted, you just double click it, and a new window will appear...At the top left of the window, you will see an advanced tab, click that, and there you will see your hue, saturation, etc...Now when you slide the bars, you can see the changes right away as you are sliding....Very neat, and love this new addition!
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
              Digi Sage
              • Nov 2007

A suggestion, Donna.....I at first thought you meant any comment on the layouts in the gallery but then I saw you meant any comments on this thread. But could you add another entry for comments to the gallery? Comments in the gallery have been going downhill, at least in my opinion. And if they could get another entry into the drawing, layout comments might pick up, too! Just a suggestion, of course.
              Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2007

And I Love getting all these tips in one thread like this. This will be great! I hope to have my computer back from the shop this weekend so I can maybe work on this next week, too. I really want to win one of those Version 2's.
                Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                  A suggestion, Donna.....I at first thought you meant any comment on the layouts in the gallery but then I saw you meant any comments on this thread. But could you add another entry for comments to the gallery? Comments in the gallery have been going downhill, at least in my opinion. And if they could get another entry into the drawing, layout comments might pick up, too! Just a suggestion, of course.
                  Melanie, I think that is a great suggestion!
                  I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• dillie1
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Aug 2009

Thank you all for the Helpful Hints. Being new to this--I really appreciate this. Thank you all again.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Gallery suggestion!!

Like you Michelle..LOVE this suggestion!! However..it is not something I can easily keep track of and therefore could cause some serious ill will if handled poorly..So I'm thinking we can do an entirely different challenge..weekly one ..will talk to Fiona about this..She is challenge guru!..and see if we can dedicate comments posting for a whole week on not just our challenges but ALL gallery entries!! I think it would be fun for me to do some scraplifting mask templates from some of my favorite gallery templates as well and then have you all stuff the masks with your favorite autumn themes as well..HUM!!!! So girl..AWESOME suggestion!!

So for the moment..the gallery comments for our challenge is not included and had not thought that that might come up!! REALLY appreciate you bringing it to my attention OB!! It is too hard to keep track of and for that reason..only posts to this thread will be considered participation. With other challenges in the future..we will keep this in mind! THANK YOU!! Very helpful suggestion!! and you have helped to avoid misunderstanding as well..Girl.. could just hug the stuffin out of ya!!!

Again..THanks OB for the comment!! Much appreciated!!

Comment

• KPierce
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2007

Tips & Tricks v2 - Groups can now be resized

NOW YIPPEE in v2, I just discovered this one!

When you create a group of text or various elements you can resize them at the same time after you make the group. It is really cool and a time saver.

In v1 you could not resize items after you grouped them. You could select multiple items and resize them but not if you grouped the items.

Love this version 2 more and more. It runs so much better!
                        My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• mortmomof2
                          • Jan 2008

Tips and Tricks v2

Tip about Templates and Word Art

If the font you are using is not able to be exported, save it as a word art. (Page, Save as Image - make background transparent)

Then you can use it as an embellishment.

Then your template can be exported with the unique fonts.
                          Last edited by mortmomof2; 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Nov 2006

Excellent tip Mortmomof2 and Kpierce!! Keep em coming!! Love the tips!!

Comment

• KPierce
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2007

Donna, I sent you my template via email. Did you get it?
                              My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Nov 2006

Kpierce Template 2.0 version

For those that have 2.0 version already..here is a wonderful template to add to your collection!!

Kpierce's template!!

Thanks for sending it Karen!! Found it!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X