+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Cool Tips for Paper Scraps

Here's a couple more tips for you to try! Did you know you can use your any of your embies for shapes? Check it out!

Tip 1: Using Embies to make shapes
    1. Open your paper scrap folder CTRL + 3
    2. Choose your scrap, I used my own Autumn Leaves
    3. Now go to Custom Shape, Select, Browse
    4. Now go to the Embie folder and choose an Embellishment you like, I used my own Faerie desig (remember it must be a transparent .png file if you're using other artwork)
    5. Now say ok and you have a lovely new shape. If you don't like it with the scrap you chose you can click on it and change it endlessly, as with any other shape!
    Tip 2: Using Embies to make frames
    1. Open your paper scrap folder again CTRL + 3
    2. Choose your paper scrap
    3. Now go to Custom Shape, Select, Browse as before
    4. Go to the Embie folder and choose an Embellishment with a nice clear outline, I chose my own Fiery Star
    5. Now click Invert Shape, OK
    6. Now using your embellishment has created a perfect frame, which you can lay over a photo to create a frame.
    Don't forget with both of these tricks, you can save them as individual embellishments, by going to Page and Save as Image - you'll find details earlier in this thread I think.

I have included the Faery and the Frame, plus the paper scrap that I created for the tip. I hope they are not too small to use, I had some trouble getting them small enough to post and I had no idea how to get the perfect 512 kb allowed!

Blessings - FS xx
    Attached Images

Default Etiquette for template making for newbies

It's been brought to my attention we need to clear up some confusion for our newbies as to what we can use to make a template for sharing on this challenge...I forget sometimes..sorry..

ON Max..the general rule for SHARING any of your templates is that you don't put off site items for personal use ( basically ALL freebies are considered PERSONAL use unless otherwise stated for general use, commercial use) in your templates. That means you can take Max items in program and on site to mix and match and give as TEMPLATES. But you can't give individual items in Max like papers and embellishments as freebies on site.

So the idea in these CHALLENGES is to use all the items folks are giving from day to day and use them in your templates for sharing. So that would include all items you wish to use from Max and Max site..Again ..All templates you share are considered personal use for your Max program. That does not mean you can go share your templates (displays totally OK) with other sites unless they have the SBM program to use it. You can make QUICK Pages but not take them outside the site unless you make all the items yourself.

So when I say you must make your own items for sharing I am referring to individual pieces..embellishments and papers you share. If you recolor a max paper to share for a TEMPLATE you are sharing..that is OK!! but you can not give out Max program items out individually. Even if you recolor it..That item then is subject for others to take and then is no longer exclusive to the Max program. Many folks belong to Max but don't own the program..They are here for the freebies..

So REMEMBER the GOLDEN rule of giving..ALWAYS assume freebies are for personal use. Keep MAX items in the family..Not for outsiders to have.

Folks have generously donated and CREATED their own items for this Challenge so you can make all the templates you wish with them for sharing. AWESOME stuff too!! Mine included. But if I were to see all my items taken to another site for freebies and commercial use..I'd have a FIT!! That is not what these items are for.

Hope that helps clarify what is meant by making the items yourself!

EXCELLENT work ALL of you!! Keep em coming!!

WOWZERS!!!!! This thread just keeps getting better and better...Can you believe there were actually a couple of tips on here that I didn't know? LOL...and here I thought I knew most of them..hehe...Thanks!

and all the freebies....just awesome...You guys are ROCKIN' in here!
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Red face One to share

OK guys, its not brilliant, but we really need a toffee apple for Trick or Treating! So here's my first attempt to share with you.

Blessings - FS xx
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 10-09-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Talking Another embie to share

I thought we should have also have a cauldron for Trick or Treating!

As you can tell, I get very excited around about now!

Blessings - FS xx
    Attached Images

I tried to add nannieberrie's template - Autumn Breeze - I get the message that it is not a valid SBM file. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Valerie Elaine..no ..did not have that problem with the Autumn Breeze..Hum...and you have version 2.0? Head scratcher!

TheFreeSpirit!! Girl..totally LoVe the caramel toffee apple...my favorite yum yum this time of year!! and the cauldron..oh..I can think of some mighty fine potion recipes to make in it!! LOL..GO GIRL!!

LOVE the items ladies!! so much fun with all this!! Gotta put some Halloween stuff out this next week for more excitement! LOL

Ok, listening to all these new tips, I couldn't wait! I just got version 2 and can't wait to get started. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Nanniebernie: That brown leaf paper will be SOOO terrific in a "family tree" layout!!! Since I'm a genealogist, this is my favorite paper! LOL! Thanks again!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Default Word Art

I love wordart!
    Attached Images

Take it back..Autumn Breeze template does give me error after download..hum..I had it confused with Autumn Wind template..LOL..OK..will send email to see if that can be fixed or replaced. Sorry!!

Yeah..mortmomof2...love wordart too!!

OB..can't wait to see what fun you are going to have!! LOL