X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ValerieElaine
    Digi Sage
    • Aug 2008

I tried to add nannieberrie's template - Autumn Breeze - I get the message that it is not a valid SBM file. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

Valerie Elaine..no ..did not have that problem with the Autumn Breeze..Hum...and you have version 2.0? Head scratcher!

TheFreeSpirit!! Girl..totally LoVe the caramel toffee apple...my favorite yum yum this time of year!! and the cauldron..oh..I can think of some mighty fine potion recipes to make in it!! LOL..GO GIRL!!

LOVE the items ladies!! so much fun with all this!! Gotta put some Halloween stuff out this next week for more excitement! LOL

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2007

Ok, listening to all these new tips, I couldn't wait! I just got version 2 and can't wait to get started. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Nanniebernie: That brown leaf paper will be SOOO terrific in a "family tree" layout!!! Since I'm a genealogist, this is my favorite paper! LOL! Thanks again!
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• mortmomof2
          • Jan 2008

Word Art

I love wordart!
          Attached Files

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Take it back..Autumn Breeze template does give me error after download..hum..I had it confused with Autumn Wind template..LOL..OK..will send email to see if that can be fixed or replaced. Sorry!!

Yeah..mortmomof2...love wordart too!!

OB..can't wait to see what fun you are going to have!! LOL

Comment

• autisticwonder
              Scrap Guru
              • Nov 2006

UPDATE on Winning policy with MAX

Just to let you know..

Max says once you win a version in ANY of the Challenges you will not be eligible to win for two months. sorry...They want to give as many folks as possible a chance to win..So if you won in another challenge..you won't be able to win in this challenge. BUt ..you sure will be able to sub your name with someone else if you desire. Give someone two chances to win instead of one. Good only if that person is already a participant in this challenge.

Also..you can SUBSTITUTE the 2.0 version with your choice of Expansion
              Or, if you already have Scrapbook MAX! 2.0, you can win your choice of one Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 Expansion pack: either "Bundle of Joy" or "Back To School" by electronic download!

Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or taxed. Prizes must be accepted as awarded (no cash value). Electronic download delivery only. The decision of the moderator is final.

Please don't let this discourage anyone!!
              Very excited so many folks will have a chance to win..

Max's Karin is working up Gallery Challenge Sections and it will be available to us soon..So we can start allowing Posts to Challenges posted in that gallery to count as participation!! O2B will be happy about that!!

Great stuff going on!! Max is working hard to get the 2.0 glitches fixed..Designers are testing now..too excited!!

HUGS!!
              donna

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2008

Just stopping in to say I'm working on some more embies, will try to post later, but mainly to say what a great thread this is not just because of the prizes! Its actually such a fun way to motivate us all to really get to know the program and I have learned so much just playing around!

Blessings - FS xxx
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
                I walk on a trail of song
                And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Dec 2007

Embelishment

Love some of the embelishment that we are seeing now. Such beautiful work.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the white box around them??? Did I miss that tip ?

Wonderful work and ideas here..Thanks

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jan 2008

Does anyone know how to get rid of the white box around them??? Did I miss that tip ?
                    When you go to Page, Save as Image, PNG, make sure you check the box that says Make background transparent (save as Embellishment)

FS xx
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2008

Black Cat Embie

OK guys, here's a black cat for Halloween!

Its going to look odd when you open it, you will just see a pair of eyes! Also, when you put it in SBM, you can give it a more spooky look by playing about with Shadows!

Blessings - FS xx
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TheFreeSpirit; 10-10-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Nov 2006

Mortmomof2!! WOW..Crazy for you template!!! THANKS Girl!!

FreeSprit!! Excellent job helping out our white box issue to make it transparent!! ANd I ADORE your cat!!

Tiffany Scraps..so many fun little things to learn all over again with new Max version!!

Got a birthday boy that needs alot of my time today..Probably won't be able to come back on until around bedtime!! Thanks all for always being so helpful to each other!! Awesome!!

Comment

• sacannon
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Aug 2006

My Brown paper had a white edge around it and I forgot to get rid of it, sorry. Here it is again.
                          Attached Files
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                            Digi Sage
                            • Aug 2008

Tips and Tricks - v1 & v2

I love the way you can take a not so good picture (or a very bad one) and make something unique. One of my favourite things to use- Effects>Avanced.
                            By using the different effects, you can create beatiful images.In the snapshot below you can see what I mean.
                            Attached Files

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jan 2008

Tips: Fun with Paper Scraps

You know when you have a photo you want to scrap that has some stuff in it that is less than attractive?

We all know you can crop it, or perhaps hide it with a frame. But what if doing that takes away the mood of the photo or its relevance to the theme?

Here's a fun solution.

Place your photo on the page as it is.
                              Open paperscraps (CTRL + 3)
                              Choose a piece of paper that goes with your scheme or theme, click OK
                              Now lay it on top of your photo and make it exactly the same size.
                              Double click your scrap
                              Pull the transparency slider to the right until you achieve a gauze look, I stopped at 50
                              Click on custom shape and select a frame you like, I used Photoshape 0012
                              Click on invert to turn it into a frame
                              If you want to tweak the colour, go to Advanced, Adjust colour and play with the sliders until you get the right hue
                              Click OK

This is a nice way to keep something in the photo that dates it. For example, you may have a photo from the sixties, showing a car of that era. So you want to keep the car in but still want the focus to be on the person in the photograph.

Enjoy! FS xx

Comment

Working...
                              X