+ Reply to Thread

Default Help adding music files

I have been using Scrapbook Maxi for a year.. Great tool. Today I am working on a new scrapbook in memory of my Mother who passed away this summer. Tha family pulled together photo's and we wanted to make something that we could share together.. Ultimatly to burn to DVD.. I have ripped a CD of my Mother's favorite music to MP3 and now to Wav into Windows Media player. When I select the add music the Scrapbook Maxi program is not seeing the music in MP3 or WAV? This is so frustrating? any clue what i am doing wrong or how i can fix this problem?

I was wondering how to add music to the file as well? I don't see the icon for it anymore

SBM supports Wav. and Ogg. files there are some free converters out there that will convert from a mp3 to ogg. file.

I've never messed with the music myself but just tried as an experiment. This is in the new version 2.0 - I notice the add music button is in the dialog that comes up when choosing

"File-->Publish To--> Movie/Slideshow/Slideshow Cd" and looks like this

Click on the Music button and you should see a dialog button like this

Click on the add button and browse to where your music files are located. They must be in a .wav or .ogg format to work.

Hope this helps.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Thanks so much for the info.

excuse my ignorance, but do you know if the Mac will support those ogg files?
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
    excuse my ignorance, but do you know if the Mac will support those ogg files?
    It's not a matter of the Mac supporting, it's a matter of your music player/converter supporting the ogg format. ogg is just another music format like mp3, wav, flac, etc.
    -=poppabob=-
    If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

the Mac's music player is iTunes....it does not support Windows Media Player files, for example, when I made the switch I had to find all the wma again in mp3 form...
    I thought maybe you knew...

I'm really upset about the effect the Parallels (the program to run Windows in the Mac) is having in my computer... I had Windows crushing a lot, and in the beginning it wouldn't even let the SBM run properly...
    I'm digging a not so old PC we stop using (precisely because of the Windows problems we had to switch) and will use it ONLY to run Scrapbook Max....
    I'm absolutely loving the disciveries I'm making as to what the program can do...but every time I'm working something happens...so it will be back to PC for SBM 0.2 in this household...I'll try find the file converter.
    Thanks anyway
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35