• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

Help With Fonts Please

I just downloaded the full version of SBM2. In the text box fonts - I can only find Arial. I've tried it several times and just the one font is there. For titles all the fonts are available. Has anyone else had this problem? I noticed it in the trial version but thought it would be okay in the full version. Is there a secret to opening up all the fonts?!!!!
    Julie
  • KPierce
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2007

In preferences on the content section there is a place where you can mark to "show only template safe fonts". I have not tried marking this area so I don't know but wonder if that could be your problem. Otherwise I have not had that problem.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Thanks - I'll go looking, but this is so weird.
      Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

I just tried the preferences, but nothing helps. All I have is Arial as my text font! Aaaargh!!!
        Julie

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
          Your Host, Gracie!
          • Jan 2006

We've never had anyone report anything like that, so I'll need some more information in order to help.

1. Which objects is this a problem with? Caption Text, Ribbon Text or Journal Text?

2. What operating system are you using?

3. Can you use other fonts in Microsoft Word? (or whatever wordprocessor you have)

4. Are you running any anti-virus or anti-spyware or other such applications? If so, which ones?

5. Have you shut down your computer, then started it up and tried again?

The more information you can provide, the better we can investigate!
          Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• MaggieMae
            Digi Sage
            • May 2006

Thanks for responding so quickly. I the Caption and Ribbon Texts allow all the fonts. The journaling text has no choice but Arial. I've never seen this before earlier. All my fonts are available in PSE and Word. My OS is Windows XP. I'm going to shut down the computer next and see what happens.

I just shut down and restarted my computer and the same problem exists. I thought it might be because I opened a template from the program first but starting a new scrapbook with a blank page didn't change it.

I have AVG virus protection - I've had it for years. Nothing has changed on my computer except downloading the trial version and the full version of SBM. I've never seen anything like this before.
            Last edited by MaggieMae; 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM. Reason: To further explain the problem
            Julie

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

My fonts are all there in both places. Weird!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                My fonts are all there in both places. Weird!
                Definitely weird! They're fine in Version 1 and everything else! Can't even imagine what's going on! I do wish I'd waited a bit.
                Julie

Comment

• makeyesup
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2006

This is really weird, haven't had this problem myself. Can't imagine trying to work without the tons of fonts that I have.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• WendyG
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Jun 2006

I noticed the drop down box acts a little glitchy BUT if you can see arial listed there, highlight it and try your down arrow on the keyboard to scroll down, does that help?
                    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
                    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

Thanks, Wendy. I gave it a try - no luck! At least, you know what I'm talking about. I was beginning to feel insane! I'm trying to find a way to get a refund since I just bought it yesterday or at least save the $10.00 on the CD or something! With electronic products you can't just go back to the store! I'm feeling frustrated as you can tell!
                      Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Wendy,

I tried it again - highlighting the font and using the up or down arrow and it does allow you to see your fonts - although just one at a time! But you did figure out a little solution and it works if you have the patience to look at them one at a time. Thanks for the tip!
                        Julie

Comment

• WendyG
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Jun 2006

glad to help!! Mine responded a little slow at first but the second time around displayed the fonts quicker....let us know how it goes on the second and third use of that drop down box..
                          Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
                          Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                            Digi Sage
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by WendyG View Post
                            glad to help!! Mine responded a little slow at first but the second time around displayed the fonts quicker....let us know how it goes on the second and third use of that drop down box..
                            At least I can find them, Wendy, but it seems crazy to go one font at a time!!! I would love to know if anyone is working to fix this! It really isn't acceptable to have to arrow down one font at a time. If the font starts with letters at the end of the alphabet, it's going to take a loooong time!
                            Last edited by MaggieMae; 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM.
                            Julie

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

It may have to do to with the amount of memory on your computer (Ram) and the number of fonts you have installed. I know the more fonts, the longer it takes.

Comment

Working...
                              X