+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changing Colors

Default Still not happy

I understand what you are saying, and the color adjustment is probably great, but so far I have not found any way to match that color exactly to another photo or embellishment or colorpic. That means I still have to go to Photoshop in order to use the red, green, and blue settings. That is the only way I know to match a color perfectly.

The color pic in SBMax works exactly in the background color box, but in the embellishment effects boxes the grey scale or the sepia apparently interferes with the color matching. If the greyscale wre white I think the color might turn out better, but with the file folders I wanted to change the greyscale was dark.

I tried changing the color with the color adjustment but it took me longer to make changes and check with the colorpic and make adjustments and recheck, etc. than it did to go to Photoshop and change the color. I guess I am a perfectionist.

Why does the color have to go through sepia? Does not make sense to me.
    Leaf

Why does the color have to go through sepia? Does not make sense to me.
    You don't need to do that. If you are, you're not using the new Adjust color feature in v2.0.
    1. Double click your photo or embellishment.
    2. Click on the Advanced tab
    3. See the Color/Tint section?
    4. Use the Hue slider to interactively adjust the color!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbook MAX! View Post
    You don't need to do that. If you are, you're not using the new Adjust color feature in v2.0.
    1. Double click your photo or embellishment.
    2. Click on the Advanced tab
    3. See the Color/Tint section?
    4. Use the Hue slider to interactively adjust the color!
    I can never get that to turn out right for me. Not in the old or in the new version

Default Like I Said

That Color Adjustment under Properties does not have the red, green, blue values or the color pic. If it did I would be gloriously happy. It does not have any way to match anything else.
    Leaf

Thanks Max, I've found the 'adjust color' at last. I'm happy for the moment using it.
    But if there is an answer for Leaf's, I'll be happier !!

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Quote Originally Posted by leafroberts View Post
    That Color Adjustment under Properties does not have the red, green, blue values or the color pic. If it did I would be gloriously happy. It does not have any way to match anything else.
    Leaf
    Leafroberts are you sure you are looking in the correct "NEW" location as described above? In v1, effects, advanced was the only choice. In v2 effects, advanced is still available but the new choice is much better. I was totally missing this feature. If the relative boxes are checked you can do some really nice things. I had a lace that goes all way across the page with ribbon threaded thru the lace. The lace was white and the ribbon was purple. I have often wished I could recolor the ribbon only. With the new feature I can do this. I have made the ribbon only red, gold, green but the lace has stayed white. I am very anxious to print a page to see how the white lace really looks printed.

I have a light brown teddy bear with a white hat and I have changed the color of the teddy but the hat stays white. You could never have done this in v1. I like this new feature.

If you uncheck relative on the first box only a color bar does show up but I did not like those results as well. It colored my lace too.
    Last edited by KPierce; 09-27-2009 at 06:25 AM.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Thanks, I missed that and it is a really nice thing to be able to use.

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    Leafroberts are you sure you are looking in the correct "NEW" location as described above? In v1, effects, advanced was the only choice. In v2 effects, advanced is still available but the new choice is much better. I was totally missing this feature. If the relative boxes are checked you can do some really nice things. I had a lace that goes all way across the page with ribbon threaded thru the lace. The lace was white and the ribbon was purple. I have often wished I could recolor the ribbon only. With the new feature I can do this. I have made the ribbon only red, gold, green but the lace has stayed white. I am very anxious to print a page to see how the white lace really looks printed.

I have a light brown teddy bear with a white hat and I have changed the color of the teddy but the hat stays white. You could never have done this in v1. I like this new feature.

If you uncheck relative on the first box only a color bar does show up but I did not like those results as well. It colored my lace too.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&