+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changing Colors

Default Changing Colors

When I heard about the color pic in SBMax2 I thought we would be able to change the color of an embellishment to match part of a picture, but so far the only place I have found "more colors" and the color pic is on the background.

Am I correct that you cannot use the color pic to match an embellishment to part of a picture because when you choose "adjust color" you only get the hue, saturation, and lightness options, so there is no way to match to the color pic.

It seems to me that we still need color pic and photoshop to change the color of an embellishment, Am I missing something?

Leaf

The only way I know to change colors on embellishments is using the "advanced" features like in v1. Sometimes that will work and sometimes it won't. It depends on a lot of things how successful that will be.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Your right Leaf, I miss the 'adjust color' option in vers. 1, where we can change the hue, saturation and lightness to change the color of embies. Which been ommited in vers. 2 , at least I could not find it ??

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Unless I misunderstand, it is in the same place it was in version 1. Highlight the embie and go to effects, advanced from the top menu or by right mouse clicking on top of the embie and choosing from this menu. All kinds of options in there.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

To change the color of embies go to it's properties and then to the advanced tab at the top of the window that opened. Check the adjust color box and uncheck the relative boxes then move the sliders. No eyedropper here but the color changes are applied outstandingly...how's that for big words so early in the am! LOL Really, V2 does a great job of coloring objects! HTH

To change the color it was in the same place as before. You go to effects - advanced - Sepia - go to the color box - click on tint colors - click on more colors - at that point you get a eyedropper that you can point at any item on your layout and click and it puts the color on there. It is really easy once you do it.

Thanks for the info as I could not find the color picker anywhere. It does not work like I thought it would but at least I now know where it is.

You do have to remember what color you are starting with. I change the embie to grayscale first before I do any color changing. Seems to work much better that way.

Default Changing Colors

I guess the sepia really gets in the way of the color because I don't get the color I pick out. It seems to combine the sepia with the color I pick, resulting in a totally different dark color. If you start with a white object does it give you the right color?
    Leaf
    Last edited by leafroberts; 09-26-2009 at 11:15 AM.

The new color adjustment feature is found on the "advanced" tab for photos, embellishments etc. It works *much much* better than the old v1 way (the effects menu). It's superior to Photoshop in many ways (the "relative" coloring is a multi-step advanced feature in photoshop, but a simple slider in SBMAX!)

I couldn't have said it any better than "stitches" did, (but try it with "relative" checked - that's the default - and keeps whites white and blacks black)

To change the color of embies go to it's properties and then to the advanced tab at the top of the window that opened. Check the adjust color box and uncheck the relative boxes then move the sliders. No eyedropper here but the color changes are applied outstandingly...how's that for big words so early in the am! LOL Really, V2 does a great job of coloring objects! HTH
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!