+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default paper scraps don't look right in SM2

I'm new to SM2, and I can't seem to get the paper scraps to work - they don't look anything like they do when I browse them. What am I doing wrong?

Jane

I noticed that too, only in my thread I only did screen shots of the elements, which I find just as bad.
    I did actually get an answer, but I am not impressed apparently it is some sort of filter, which leaves everything looking fuzzy, and other than you and me no one else seems to mind and we are supposed to live with it. (sorry if I sound grumpy its just not an answer I find helpful)

You can see the answers in my thread here: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15407

I'll be following this thread too, in the hope that someone will come up with an update for the software or something... SBM 1.0 wasn't fuzzy

Hugs
    Kerri

I had not noticed this about paper scraps but you are correct about the paper scrap view being different. A paper scrap by design will repeat as necessary seamlessly as you enlarge the paper to your final size. As example, in fancy mats, the deep purple paper scrap view shows only one embossed flower but when you put it on your paper it is a lot different. The pattern is repeated but I do not notice any fuzziness in this situation.

KayJay, I also do not notice any fuzziness in the your situation. I would be curious what size monitor you use and what your screen resolution is set to and an example of one of your elements uploaded here would allow others of us to test the same element on our system for testing.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

I have a 24 inch monitor, but I have not noticed any difference in the embellishments or in my paperscraps. They still look nice and clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    I have a 24 inch monitor, but I have not noticed any difference in the embellishments or in my paperscraps. They still look nice and clear to me.
    WOW Marion, don't think I've ever seen a 24" monitor. PHEW!!!!

OK, now although I don't think screen size and settings should be the problem ANY programme should be made to work for all settings as far as I'm concerned and even more so, as I am not buying a completely new programme but an updated one of one that I am already using. Which is why I never bothered with a trial, as I was one VERY satisfied user...If only I had used the trial first, I most certainly would NEVER have spent the money!

Anyhow I have a 17" laptop and the settings are 1440 x 900 pixels, and yep it all looks bad to me, paper scraps and elements.

Here is a link to the element I used in my screenshots seeing as it is mine to give away. Maybe you can then see what I am talking about. (sorry it is to big to add as an attachment)

http://www.4shared.com/file/13527943...verborder.html

Kerri

Default scrap paper issue - try marble

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    I had not noticed this about paper scraps but you are correct about the paper scrap view being different. A paper scrap by design will repeat as necessary seamlessly as you enlarge the paper to your final size. As example, in fancy mats, the deep purple paper scrap view shows only one embossed flower but when you put it on your paper it is a lot different. The pattern is repeated but I do not notice any fuzziness in this situation.

Try one of the marble scrap papers - it doesn't look anything like the view no matter what size I make it.

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by jmp123 View Post
    Try one of the marble scrap papers - it doesn't look anything like the view no matter what size I make it.

Jane
    That scrap does exactly as I decribed in previous post. You are looking at the small single scrap in the preview where you choose. As soon as you add it to the page, then the design repeats to make seamless paper as big as you want. In this instance the preview is a very small image. That file is only 100x100 pixels. On a 12x12 page at 200 dpi it would repeat across the page 24 times and down the page 24 times which is exactly what it does. If you go to this directory "C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX! 2.0\Gallery\Images\Paper Scraps\Marble" you can see the actual files which are what you see in the preview.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Default Paper Scraps

They do better if you bring them in as an embellishment. I just drag and drop and choose embellishment. Then they look the same.
    Leaf

Default Aspect Ratio

It is mindboggling to me why they would let pictures default out of aspect. Embies maybe, but pictures? It was always wonderful to me that I did not have to worry about shifting to keep the aspect. I am always annoyed in Photoshop when it messes up my pictures. I cannot imagine when I would want to have a picture ruined like that.
    Leaf