+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default paper scraps don't look right in SM2

I'm new to SM2, and I can't seem to get the paper scraps to work - they don't look anything like they do when I browse them. What am I doing wrong?

Jane

I noticed that too, only in my thread I only did screen shots of the elements, which I find just as bad.
    I did actually get an answer, but I am not impressed apparently it is some sort of filter, which leaves everything looking fuzzy, and other than you and me no one else seems to mind and we are supposed to live with it. (sorry if I sound grumpy its just not an answer I find helpful)

You can see the answers in my thread here: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15407

I'll be following this thread too, in the hope that someone will come up with an update for the software or something... SBM 1.0 wasn't fuzzy

Hugs
    Kerri

I had not noticed this about paper scraps but you are correct about the paper scrap view being different. A paper scrap by design will repeat as necessary seamlessly as you enlarge the paper to your final size. As example, in fancy mats, the deep purple paper scrap view shows only one embossed flower but when you put it on your paper it is a lot different. The pattern is repeated but I do not notice any fuzziness in this situation.

KayJay, I also do not notice any fuzziness in the your situation. I would be curious what size monitor you use and what your screen resolution is set to and an example of one of your elements uploaded here would allow others of us to test the same element on our system for testing.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

I have a 24 inch monitor, but I have not noticed any difference in the embellishments or in my paperscraps. They still look nice and clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    I have a 24 inch monitor, but I have not noticed any difference in the embellishments or in my paperscraps. They still look nice and clear to me.
    WOW Marion, don't think I've ever seen a 24" monitor. PHEW!!!!

OK, now although I don't think screen size and settings should be the problem ANY programme should be made to work for all settings as far as I'm concerned and even more so, as I am not buying a completely new programme but an updated one of one that I am already using. Which is why I never bothered with a trial, as I was one VERY satisfied user...If only I had used the trial first, I most certainly would NEVER have spent the money!

Anyhow I have a 17" laptop and the settings are 1440 x 900 pixels, and yep it all looks bad to me, paper scraps and elements.

Here is a link to the element I used in my screenshots seeing as it is mine to give away. Maybe you can then see what I am talking about. (sorry it is to big to add as an attachment)

http://www.4shared.com/file/13527943...verborder.html

Kerri

KayJay, Thanks for the element. Yes, I do see what you are stating. I really had not noticed this until you sent me your element. Then I looked further and I am able to see it on some of my own elements. It is very slight in my opinion and since they print great I won't care since it runs so much better but I can definitely see some (like you) will want the design view to be better.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is good for us to understand fully how the program works. Informed users are better users.

I really worry there are not enough informed users on the changes in aspect ratio. It is very different in v2 and could waste a lot of ink and paper which is expensive if they don't realize the change.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    KayJay, Thanks for the element. Yes, I do see what you are stating. I really had not noticed this until you sent me your element. Then I looked further and I am able to see it on some of my own elements. It is very slight in my opinion and since they print great I won't care since it runs so much better but I can definitely see some (like you) will want the design view to be better.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is good for us to understand fully how the program works. Informed users are better users.

I really worry there are not enough informed users on the changes in aspect ratio. It is very different in v2 and could waste a lot of ink and paper which is expensive if they don't realize the change.
    Do you think there's a possibility of a detailed explanation for those of us that are "old" and dedicated users of V.1. I've been using the trial version but find myself going back to V.1 because I haven't received any email offering the discount to V.1 users.
    Julie

MaggieMae here is the details about the "fuzziness"
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15407

In v1 the aspect ratio default was to stay in apect ratio unless you changed it yourself which would be the norm. Normally you don't want something out of aspect ratio. Rare instances.

In v2 when you click and drag a picture to enlarge it or an element etc. if you drag from any edge it is going to be out of aspect ratio. Only if you drag from a corner will the aspect ratio stay or if you know to hold down the shift key as you drag the photo or element it will also stay in aspect ratio. If it would at least give a warning that you are dragging whatever out of aspect ratio that would help but I truly think it would be better if it defaulted to stay in aspect ratio and you choose to change that. Maybe there is a way to change the default but I have not found this. If you right mouse click on top of the item (like the photograph) there is a choice to "restore aspect" but many will not find that until after they ask or get frustrated. It took me a while to figure out what was happening and how to fix it.

I like the new version very much but informed users are happy users.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.

Default scrap paper issue - try marble

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    I had not noticed this about paper scraps but you are correct about the paper scrap view being different. A paper scrap by design will repeat as necessary seamlessly as you enlarge the paper to your final size. As example, in fancy mats, the deep purple paper scrap view shows only one embossed flower but when you put it on your paper it is a lot different. The pattern is repeated but I do not notice any fuzziness in this situation.

Try one of the marble scrap papers - it doesn't look anything like the view no matter what size I make it.

Jane