X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WigglyMama in TN
    • Jun 2007

Work on 2-page spread in 2.0?

Hey, just wondering if it is possible to view and edit 2 pages at once (side by side) in SBM 2.0? Not being able to do this was a major disappointment when I first got SBM years ago. I hope they have added this feature!

Thanks!
    Last edited by WigglyMama in TN; 09-19-2009, 05:09 PM.
  • WigglyMama in TN
    • Jun 2007

Hmmm...guess not...

I downloaded the 2.0 trial, and I haven't found a way to display multiple pages at once yet. Please tell me this feature is in there somewhere and I'm just missing it?! I do 99% of my layouts as 2-page spreads, and it's difficult when you can't see them (easily) side-by-side. There are ways to work around this by opening 2 sessions of SBM or making page size 24 x 12 and then cropping when I'm done. However, this is not very convenient when I want to use a template..I end up having to move everything over by hand. It seems like this would be an obvious feature to have and pretty easy to include. So why not have it?

Thank you,
    Angela

Comment

• KPierce
      Layout Whiz
      • Nov 2007

You can "print preview" two different pages side by side but no, you can not edit two pages side by side. There are numbers in your lower right corner that shows the horizonatal and vertical position of your mouse. Also, if you select an embellishment, scrap of paper or photo you can also see the the horizonatal and vertical placement of the item selected. If you make note of those numbers, when you go to the next page you can get an item alligned exactly.
      My buddy is GrannyWin.
      My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

when i want to make a 2 page spread i just got to page size and set the page to 8 x 16, when finished you can resize the whole thing at a click to 12 x 24 if required

hope that helps

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
          when i want to make a 2 page spread i just got to page size and set the page to 8 x 16, when finished you can resize the whole thing at a click to 12 x 24 if required

hope that helps
          One more question - how do you print it then? Do you have to crop it in half and save it somehow or do you have special paper that big? Thanks!
          Julie

Comment

• KPierce
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2007

I know you are asking Fiona but I have printed both ways you mention. I have taped two papers together and printed. It works great in my printer to do that. I have also split the one page to two pages before printing. I have an Epson R1400 printer and I love it. It is much more frugal on ink than the HP I used to have.
            My buddy is GrannyWin.
            My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• MaggieMae
              Digi Sage
              • May 2006

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
              I know you are asking Fiona but I have printed both ways you mention. I have taped two papers together and printed. It works great in my printer to do that. I have also split the one page to two pages before printing. I have an Epson R1400 printer and I love it. It is much more frugal on ink than the HP I used to have.
              Thanks for answering! Also, the info about the printer is great because my HP is an ink gobbler!!
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X