+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Wow

I am not a designer but I bought it and have been playing with it. It is so much better I can't believe it. I have been working on a "Life Book" for my parents (a lot of the reason I have been absent). So far I have over 80 pages and in old SBM I could only have 2-4 pages in one album or it would give the out of memory error so I have a lot of albums. In this version I already have imported 10 pages and it still moves around good and no memory errors. I can import a whole album not just a page at a time; I can publish one page at a time instead of only the whole album (different area but same thing); if I crop I can change the crop without starting all over; I love the invert shapes; there are so many improvements with text and shadows it is amazing (bending, outlining, blending colors); % or numbers in many areas for great accuracy/matching instead of guessing; and color picking.

Here is one of my lifebook pages before with v1 and after with v2. V2-the text is outlined and I used color pick to match the page and kerning. First version page "Kathleen's Family Tree" was 3 different headlines so I could get them close together. 2nd version page kerning made this much easier. Same is true on each persons stats--kerning made this much easier and better. I should have added some shadows to show you.
    kirk tree v1.jpg kirk tree v2.jpg

The program runs unbelievably better!
    Last edited by KPierce; 09-17-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    I am not a designer but I bought it and have been playing with it. It is so much better I can't believe it. I have been working on a "Life Book" for my parents (a lot of the reason I have been absent). So far I have over 80 pages and in old SBM I could only have 2-4 pages in one album or it would give the out of memory error so I have a lot of albums. In this version I already have imported 10 pages and it still moves around good and no memory errors. I can import a whole album not just a page at a time; I can publish one page at a time instead of only the whole album (different area but same thing); if I crop I can change the crop without starting all over; I love the invert shapes; there are so many improvements with text and shadows it is amazing (bending, outlining, blending colors); % or numbers in many areas for great accuracy/matching instead of guessing; and color picking.

Here is one of my lifebook pages before with v1 and after with v2. V2-the text is outlined and I used color pick to match the page and kerning. First version page "Kathleen's Family Tree" was 3 different headlines so I could get them close together. 2nd version page kerning made this much easier. Same is true on each persons stats--kerning made this much easier and better. I should have added some shadows to show you.
    Attachment 29340 Attachment 29342

The program runs unbelievably better!
    You're right, it is easier and it does run much smoother! I'm still learning the new version but I'm lovin' it so far!

By the way, your page looks great!

And SBM . . . . . . love the new look of the forum, softer colors. . . . . .nice!

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Thank you so much Marion!!!!!!! It help me!!!!
    Kpierce great pages!!!!!
    I will try to use again sbm program with my paralels in the mac lets see, and i need to buy the update rigth for 2.0 ?
    Thanks again!
    baci
    wendy
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!