Clear All
  • lilbinkey
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

Fires in southern calif

Hi All,
    Im sorry I havent been on lately.

I live right near all of these fires,

They have closed my kids high school & turned it into a Evac. Center!!

It is so horrible here the smoke & ashes! I will be more active as soon as everything settles down. Hope all is well with all of my friends here. God Bless you all!
    Cindy
  • DeannaScraps
    • Aug 2009

Stay safe! My daughter is out there also, but away from the fires a bit. Hope it calms down soon! I grew up out there and remember the summers of fire all the time!
    [/SIGPIC]Happy Scrappin'!Deanna

Comment

• lilbinkey
      Layout Whiz
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DeannaScraps View Post
      Stay safe! My daughter is out there also, but away from the fires a bit. Hope it calms down soon! I grew up out there and remember the summers of fire all the time!
      Thanks Deanna
      We are trying! I hope your daughter is OK!

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Hi Lilbinkey. As you know, I'm just over the Burbank hills. I can see the smoke from here, and we have been staying inside our homes as much as possible because of the smoke and ashes. The heat has been awful too. Over 100 every day. Sunday was the worse. Fortunately, we went over to Frazier Park to see old friends, up in the mountains. But when we were driving back, the fires over the hill looked awful. We have friends in Tujunga and Sunland too, so we are worried about many of you!

I sure hope you will be ok as well as your home. But remember, homes can be rebuilt, lives can't, so please, be careful and ready to evacuate at any time.

Hugs,

G.
        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• lilbinkey
          Layout Whiz
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post
          Hi Lilbinkey. As you know, I'm just over the Burbank hills. I can see the smoke from here, and we have been staying inside our homes as much as possible because of the smoke and ashes. The heat has been awful too. Over 100 every day. Sunday was the worse. Fortunately, we went over to Frazier Park to see old friends, up in the mountains. But when we were driving back, the fires over the hill looked awful. We have friends in Tujunga and Sunland too, so we are worried about many of you!

I sure hope you will be ok as well as your home. But remember, homes can be rebuilt, lives can't, so please, be careful and ready to evacuate at any time.

Hugs,

G.
          Ohh Granny I will be. I hope your OK!!
          U stay indoors! I dont want u to get sick! My kids have a lot of there school friends have beem Evacuated! Its been a rough week! But I just put it in Gods hands! Please be safe your self!
          Hugs

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

Thinking of all of you there. Hang in there and be careful!

Comment

• Oceania
              Mad Scrapper
              • Mar 2008

Thinking of all of you there and praying that you all remain safe and that your houses and loved one's come to no harm by these terrible fires **Hang in there guys** It has to be alright
              sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• eye
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Jul 2006

Oh my this is terrible.I do hope you will be safe.Hope the fire is put out real soon.Take care. xo
                sigpic
                My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                  Digi Sage
                  • Aug 2008

Praying that they get the fires under control. Keep safe.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• lilbinkey
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Apr 2006

Thanks to you all for your prayers N Thoughts!
                    Things are getting a lot better! They did cancel school again today for my kids. Thanks Again! XOXOOXOXO

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

Yes, thank you all for the kind words and wishes. You know, the sad thing is, that even if our homes don't burn down, we are all affected by the fires. Not only because of the smoke, etc, but because we have had so many of this fires in the last few years, the California is now practically bankrup! They say the budget for the fire department is almost gone. They don't know how they are going to handle any more fires, and we are just getting started with the fire season. When the Santa Ana winds get started, this is going to be a real nightmare.

Sorry, I don't mean to be an alarmist, but just sharing my concerns. But then, we are all sharing some serious concerns now days, no matter where we live!!!

Thank you for reading!
                      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Sep 2007

My thoughts and prayers are with u, only knowing too well what devastation fires can cause coming from Aussie land.

Stay safe
                        My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• makeyesup
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2006

Thoughts and prayers are will all who live and work in that area. Sure hope something happens soon to stop the movement of these fires.

Stay safe and don't worry about possessions, life is too short to lose that to save a thing.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Thank you girls for your kind thoughts. I was driving home this morning and a cop stopped traffic just in front of us. It was for the funeral procession for one of the firemen who lost his life in one of the fires nearest to us.

It was really sad. I have a lot of respect and admiration for firemen. They really give their all for us.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Smile
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2006

Lil and Granny I am so glad that you and your familys are ok. It is so sad and scarry. I sure hope that the furture gets much better for your area..........xoxo
                              sigpic....

Comment

Working...
                              X