September Designer Challenge - Hosted by Granny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manatee25
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2007

September Designer Challenge - Hosted by Granny!

Welcome to September!!! Is it just me or was August a blur!? I can hardly believe that it is already September!

This month the lovely Granny is going to host our challenge!

Turning it over to you Granny!!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Howdy doowdy!!! Sorry for the delay, but I'm here with bells on my toes and moths in my brain... As usual!!!

Here is the challenge for the month. Please, pay close attention, don't want to have to look all over creation to straighten you out!

I know most of you are grannies, or mommies, and have at least three dozen grandchildren or children, but for this challenge, you can only use one! Well, you can use them all, but you will understand in a minute. Read on...

1) Pick one of your grandkids/child, and ask him/her, what they want to be when they grow up.

2) Come back and post right here what the answer was.

3) I will provide you with a brand new and very unique digital character that I have created just for this challenge. Please give me your email address, preferably through a private message, so that I can send you the character.

4) If the kid's choice is not on the list below (there is always a difficult little one in the bunch (ok, yes, I was going to call it something else, but I'm trying to be nice here, ok?), please post here what their dream is, and I will do my best to create a character for them. This is why I want you to ask only one grandkid/child, I only got so much time and can't possible come up with each and every choice.

5) Once you have the character you requested, please create a layout showing of your darling little grandkid/child in their future profession.

6) At the end of the month, we will have a vote, and the winner will get a kit that pertains to their character.

7) Every one else will be able to buy the entire kit with all the character from the store, once I finish, if you are interested in it, of course. I'm sorry, but because of the tremendous amount of work involved with this kit, I just can't give it away to everyone, but... You of course get to keep the character I sent you.

8) Please, please, please, do not share your character with others.

Here is the list of characters I have so far:

Actor
    Astrounat
    Cheer Leader
    Chef
    Dancer
    Doctor/Nurse
    Fashion Designer
    Fire Fighter
    Lawyer
    Musician
    Professional Sports Player
    Pilot
    Teacher
    Writer

Thank you for participating! If you don't understand the challenge, please ask me, though I don't understand it myself!

Ok, on your mark, get set... Go!!!!
    Last edited by Granny; 09-01-2009, 05:28 PM.
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Manatee25
      Layout Whiz
      • Mar 2007

Oh what a cute idea Granny!!! Too bad my little girl is sleeping or I would go ask her right now!!!!
      sigpic
      My SBM store

Comment

• ValerieElaine
        Digi Sage
        • Aug 2008

I asked my grandson and he wants to be a policeman.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Thanks, VE! Guess what, that is one character I don't have yet. I will work on it today and send it to you.

Tina, thank you! I'm glad you like the challenge. Can't wait to see what you're little girl wants to be!

Thank you for participating and for your patience!!!!

Granny
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Ops! I forgot to say, please post the layouts in the gallery with a link to this page, so we can all see what your kids want to be.

I hope many of you will participate and make this a successful challenge. Without you, this won't be any fun!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Below is a preview of the characters I have made so far. The idea is to make your layout using the character that portraits what your little one wants to be when he grows up. If you need a character I have not included, please let me know and I will make one up.

Thank you again for your support!

G.

PS: I have added a policeman to the list!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Granny; 09-02-2009, 08:35 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• wolvsie35
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2007

Ooooooooh Grammie...I asked my youngest son Brandon who is 14 and he wants to be an Auto Machanic (?)...and after he fixes a car he want to be able to ""pimp" it out as he says...lol...I didn't see anything like that on the list...Sorry to be so difficult...
                I swear I didn't do this on purpose...

*RUNS and ducks for cover*
                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Oceania
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Mar 2008

hahahaha I'm another with something that isn't on the list

My 9 year old son wants to be a spy when he grows up I'll pm you my email

Very cool challenge can't wait to get started on this one
                  sigpicShould I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                    Digi Sage
                    • Aug 2008

Grannie - your characters are sooo cute. I can see that that there is a lot of work put into them. Thank you for my policeman.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• sylvia esther
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Apr 2009

Great challenge, Granny, well thought out.

My grandson wants to be an astronaut and walk on Mars!

First he has to get to U.S.A!

My friends are eye, Mahler, Marshalynn, Poppabob, MrsPeel, dillie1, diamondsden, Memphisfran and NannyBernie.

Comment

• Manatee25
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Mar 2007

My little girl said "I want to be an artist, AND a dancer, AND a musician, AND a photographer!" Whew... she has some ambition! lol. Just send me any one of these that you have and I will do a LO with just that one...lol
                        sigpic
                        My SBM store

Comment

• tackettup
                          • Nov 2008

Count me in!

Oh, this sounds fun! Now, as some of you know, my little son Tyen hasn't taken off with speech as of yet (but, we are getting there) With that said can I pick for him? He has an absolute love of music and although he will only attempt to say a few words; he can hum you just about any song that he has a chance to listen to. My pick for him is musician. Can't wait to do this one.

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Wow, thank you for the responses. I'm so glad you're getting intot the spirit of this challenge.

I will make up the auto mechanic and the spy. SE, I will send you the astrounat, since I got your email address. Tackettup, if you could send me a private message with your email address, I will send you the musician right away. He is the bear with the long scarf and the bugel. If you rather have a different one, let me know.

OK, I'll try to have the other ones ready in a few hours!

VE, glad you like the policeman. Please, don't forget to post your layout when it's ready.

Tina, I will send you the dancer asap!

sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

I have added an auto mechanic and a spy to the set. The average size of the figures is 500x880, @ 300 dpi.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X