+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default September Designer Challenge - Hosted by Granny!

Welcome to September!!! Is it just me or was August a blur!? I can hardly believe that it is already September!

This month the lovely Granny is going to host our challenge!

Turning it over to you Granny!!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release

My SBM store

Howdy doowdy!!! Sorry for the delay, but I'm here with bells on my toes and moths in my brain... As usual!!!

Here is the challenge for the month. Please, pay close attention, don't want to have to look all over creation to straighten you out!

I know most of you are grannies, or mommies, and have at least three dozen grandchildren or children, but for this challenge, you can only use one! Well, you can use them all, but you will understand in a minute. Read on...

1) Pick one of your grandkids/child, and ask him/her, what they want to be when they grow up.

2) Come back and post right here what the answer was.

3) I will provide you with a brand new and very unique digital character that I have created just for this challenge. Please give me your email address, preferably through a private message, so that I can send you the character.

4) If the kid's choice is not on the list below (there is always a difficult little one in the bunch (ok, yes, I was going to call it something else, but I'm trying to be nice here, ok?), please post here what their dream is, and I will do my best to create a character for them. This is why I want you to ask only one grandkid/child, I only got so much time and can't possible come up with each and every choice.

5) Once you have the character you requested, please create a layout showing of your darling little grandkid/child in their future profession.

6) At the end of the month, we will have a vote, and the winner will get a kit that pertains to their character.

7) Every one else will be able to buy the entire kit with all the character from the store, once I finish, if you are interested in it, of course. I'm sorry, but because of the tremendous amount of work involved with this kit, I just can't give it away to everyone, but... You of course get to keep the character I sent you.

8) Please, please, please, do not share your character with others.

Here is the list of characters I have so far:

Actor
    Astrounat
    Cheer Leader
    Chef
    Dancer
    Doctor/Nurse
    Fashion Designer
    Fire Fighter
    Lawyer
    Musician
    Professional Sports Player
    Pilot
    Teacher
    Writer

Thank you for participating! If you don't understand the challenge, please ask me, though I don't understand it myself!

Ok, on your mark, get set... Go!!!!
    Last edited by Granny; 09-01-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Oh what a cute idea Granny!!! Too bad my little girl is sleeping or I would go ask her right now!!!!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release

My SBM store

I asked my grandson and he wants to be a policeman.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Thanks, VE! Guess what, that is one character I don't have yet. I will work on it today and send it to you.

Tina, thank you! I'm glad you like the challenge. Can't wait to see what you're little girl wants to be!

Thank you for participating and for your patience!!!!

Granny

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Ops! I forgot to say, please post the layouts in the gallery with a link to this page, so we can all see what your kids want to be.

I hope many of you will participate and make this a successful challenge. Without you, this won't be any fun!!!

Below is a preview of the characters I have made so far. The idea is to make your layout using the character that portraits what your little one wants to be when he grows up. If you need a character I have not included, please let me know and I will make one up.

Thank you again for your support!

G.

PS: I have added a policeman to the list!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Granny; 09-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Ooooooooh Grammie...I asked my youngest son Brandon who is 14 and he wants to be an Auto Machanic (?)...and after he fixes a car he want to be able to ""pimp" it out as he says...lol...I didn't see anything like that on the list...Sorry to be so difficult...
    I swear I didn't do this on purpose...

*RUNS and ducks for cover*
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

hahahaha I'm another with something that isn't on the list

My 9 year old son wants to be a spy when he grows up I'll pm you my email

Very cool challenge can't wait to get started on this one
    Should I vanish my buddies are: Moonlightpearl, Carena and scrappyaggie48

Grannie - your characters are sooo cute. I can see that that there is a lot of work put into them. Thank you for my policeman.
    My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole