+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Photo~Spark????

Default Photo~Spark????

Hi I was just wondering what you all think of Photo Spark?
    If you have bought it, Does it have any Volleyball things in it?
    I just have the trial version.

Thanks,
    Lil~Binkey

Yes, I have it. Sorry, no vollyball stuff. Its pretty much the same thing as Scrapbook Max. You can see all the templates / clipart here: http://www.photospark.com/site/whats_included.php
    There is a way to import photospark items in to scrapbook max,
    See this post: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...035#post141035
    Hugs Jo

Quote Originally Posted by workingjo3 View Post
    Yes, I have it. Sorry, no vollyball stuff. Its pretty much the same thing as Scrapbook Max. You can see all the templates / clipart here: http://www.photospark.com/site/whats_included.php
    There is a way to import photospark items in to scrapbook max,
    See this post: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...035#post141035
    Hugs Jo
    Ohhh OK
    Thanks Jo :-)

I have just downloaded the PhotoSpark trial. From what I can see the application is simply a re-branded Scrapbook Max with a load of different templates more suited to a photo album than a scrapbook. The only differences I have found so far are that Embellishments are called Clipart and that Paper Scraps are called Patterns.

Can anyone tell me whether there are any real differences in the applications; i.e. new functionality rather than terminology changes. If not it becomes a simple decision over whether I want the new content that comes with it.

Thanks,
    John

Hi guys, I just downloaded it also. I'm a wee bit confused. Nothing new for me though. I primarily liked it because I thought I would be able to make Dvd's.... but...it is saying make "movie CD" not Dvd.... so is that a misprint, because my tv will not play a cd. The price was good ($15.) for all of the different templates, etc. I just hope I didn't bog my computer space with pretty much the same thing as scrapbook max! I'm hoping the photo editing and movie capabilities are worth the download. Anyway, I will be looking at this and other threads to see how you guys are doing with it. Thanks! Terry

Yikes... I just realized that scrapbook max gave me the ability to make a dvd with music. For some reason I thought the photo spark would be a better way to do that, create dvds. So, it looks like I just downloaded new templates and art as well as take up a whole lot of computer space to do that. I don't even see any difference in the photo editing, I also thought there would be some better photo editing on photo spark. The converter is not working. I don't have software to unzip files. If I'm missing a great reason to have photo spark, please someone tell me!!

You can download a free program called extract now. Just google it and it will extract any zipped file.

Smile

Hi Terry!

I just wanted to address your question about PhotoSpark.

PhotoSpark is for anyone who loves getting creative with their photos, including digi scrappers. It also appeals to those who love making albums and creative digital pages but who aren't necessarily drawn to the whole scrapbooking scene. So, while the Scrapbook MAX! interface and content packs are designed with the scrapbooker in mind, the PhotoSpark interface and its themes and clipart pack appeal to those who are into making albums in general, and not necessarily scrapbooking.

It makes a great gift for anyone who loves creatively laying out photos, clipart and text. And, as a Scrapbook MAX! user, you can use all of the PhotoSpark content in Scrapook MAX! - so you're getting lots more options for your pages.

Here's a link to the article that explains how to convert PhotoSpark content for use in Scrapbook MAX!:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15126

Hope that helps!
    Karin

Did you find that when you tried to convert photoSpark, that you got an error message etc. It didn't work with me

Hello!

Is it possible that you are trying use the converter program before you have received/installed the PhotoSpark content pack? If so, this may result in an error message as there is nothing on your system to convert.

When you purchase PhotoSpark, you are immediately sent download instructions tp download and install PhotoSpark software; however, you need to wait for your CD-ROM in order to install the content pack (clipart and themes) - the content pack is what the converter program will convert for use in Scrapbook MAX!.

Hope that helps!
    Karin