• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manatee25
    Layout Whiz
    • Mar 2007

Aug Designer Challenge - Hosted by Angelwithin

HAPPY AUGUST EVERYONE! Oh I just LOVE the month of August!

This month our challenge will be given by the lovely and talented FIONA, aka Angelwithin.

Take it away girl! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!!
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Heehhheee...had to wake her up this morning ..poor thing..then I gave her a project to work on..Bless her!! She'll be in shortly I'm sure..Keep the coffee warm!!

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

*yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn*

*blinks at the bright sunshine streaming through the curtains*

Hey! Where's Fiona and that coffee! Er, challenge. Uh, coffee challenge. Yeah, yeah, it's Saturday. Whatdya expect?

LOL!

*sits back and waits for Fiona*
      Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

One Month at a Time

i'm here...slightly hungover but here all the same lol

One Month at a Time

as this is a month long challenge this is a 12 page challenge

this month challenge is to choose a member of your family, maybe yourself, husband, child, cousin, generation etc (or maybe you would like to use the local scenery or your garden as the subject) and make a calander using them as the focal point/subject

some ideas i have for you are:

Scrap your subject from birth upwards - each month depicting a different age

Scrap a bride to be for the year leading up to their wedding

Scrap a family history - each month a different branch of the family or a different generation

Scrap your garden thoughout the seasons

Scrap 12 major life events (birth, first day at school, sporting achievements, prom, engagement, wedding, birth of children etc)

which ever subject you decide to choose is up to you really you can upload the pages as you make them or the whole 12 in one hit....that again is up to you

if you can please share any templates you make whilst doing this challenge

btw once you've completed this challenge, you could start printing the pages, using a binder put them together and you have an extra special christmas/birthday/anniversary gift ready made

happy scrapping!!!
        Last edited by angelwithin; 08-02-2009, 04:33 AM.

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• memphisfran
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jul 2009

If I chose my son, it could just be any twelve pictures right? Or if I did one for my Mom I could different subsets of our family on each page right trying to think of what I could do 12 pages of...one at a time seems easy I don't know about 12 at a time.

If you have the school content pack there is a school calendar in there I am sure you could adapt that to a "regular" calendar has anyone done it?

Otherwise, I really need a template to get my creativity flowing...any samples of ones you've done in the past...ok sorry it's me the newbie again!
          Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• memphisfran
            Mad Scrapper
            • Jul 2009

Donna Young has calendars in SBM store

Just thought I would share that Donna Young in the SMB store has calendars some might be interested in using...

Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• memphisfran
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jul 2009

Okay, I'm not sleeping so might as well do something productive!

I found a free template...this will work in SBM right?

Dina AKA MemphisFran

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

Heritage Calendar, page 1

I'll do a heritage calendar. No surprise, huh! LOL!

I chose a soft and simplified, clean look. Photo is of my great-great-grandparents on their wedding day in 1869. I made the background and the calendar day/week part. The day/week part is all one piece. The numbers of the days are all separate and repositionable, as are the name, journaling and month/year areas. Since not all months have 6 weeks like August 2009 does, I did make a 5-week part and it is included in the template under the tab named "5-week." Simply switch out the 6- and 5-week parts as needed! (I've included instructions on the 5-week page in case anyone doesn't know how to do that.) All colors are matched in brown shades (background, font, calendar parts). Feel free to use this template if you are stuck for ideas. Add your own photo(s), change the background, font, colors, etc. and jazz it all up as you desire! Enjoy!

(The little yellow flowers that show on the 14th are from SBM's "Life is a Garden.")

Great challenge, Fiona! I'll be back with another page for this soon!

NOTE: Template is 8.5" by 11" size.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by knzus; 08-04-2009, 12:48 AM.
                Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• angelwithin
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Nov 2006

fabulous page knzus thanks for the template

memphisfran the subject is your choice ....the calander from the school addition adapted sounds like a good way to go

mary mh51 has posted a 2010 calander template in the template section http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15135 may be useful for some of you

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                  , Check out my store
                  Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• nannybernie
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Apr 2009

August challenge

Okay, I have done 12 layouts, all family weddings, 4 generations of them. m51 has posted the calender template for 2010, I will be putting the calendar template for each month on the back of each layout (upside down of course when printed, so it shows correct way up when turned over, except for first one which will have January at the base of the first layout page.
                    family weddings, 4 generations. credits to Phoung Ton Mood for Love, Moonlight & Serenity kits, to Midnight Blue & Silver kit, Jaelop designs, Grannys horseshoe, DLT Frilly Gold frames, DGO Wedded Bliss kit, DCast Pink Wedding, B.Kerr Studio Girls, My Baby Girl kit, Carena Antique elements and FST - Silk backgrounds and m51 for calendar templates. Apologies if I missed anyone. First one, my grandparents.

2nd one, my mothers first marriage, this is my father, who died when I was 18 months old.

3rd one, my mothers second marriage to my fabulous step father. (The only Dad I ever knew)

All the best from Nanny Bernie.
                    Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• nannybernie
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Apr 2009

next 3 weddings

My wedding in 1971

My brother Michael's wedding

My sister Noelene's wedding

sigpic

Comment

• nannybernie
                        Mad Scrapper
                        • Apr 2009

next 3 weddings

My brother Paul's Wedding

My sister Melissa's Wedding

My daughter Shelley's Wedding

sigpic

Comment

• nannybernie
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Apr 2009

final 3 weddings

My eldest son, Aarron's Wedding.

My son Jerome and his life partner Michelle

My gorgeous niece, Kara's wedding.

That's all folks!!!

sigpic

Comment

• nannybernie
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Apr 2009

These will do nicely for some extra Chrissy pressies

I have a binder, so will bind these and hand them out as extra Christmas goodies. Good Idea Fiona!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                              Digi Sage
                              • Aug 2008

Beautiful!!!! Love your calendar.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

Working...
                              X