JULY Designer Challenge : hosted by Michelle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

JULY Designer Challenge : hosted by Michelle!

The JULY DESIGNER CHALLENGE is hosted by our wonderful and talented MICHELLE McCOY (wolvsie35)

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Happy July everyone!!!!! I was picked to do another challenge for all of ya...I am hoping you enjoy this one, including my freebie...<wink>

This time I want you to Design with White..Um....Think of this: A plain white background is the little black dress of scrapbook pages...Always simple and elegant. When I'm lost (which happens a lot these days...lol) and not too sure on what to use as a background for a layout, I use white... Why not, right? It is always staring you in the face...LOL...

So with that said, here is your challenge... If you choose to accept it...

Make a layout using a white background.
    Use at least two items from my freebie
    (download is available below). You may use other items found in our forum here at MAX... Please credit those special people in the gallery if using someone else's items.

Simple enough? Yeah well, I was planning you to think that, so here is a twist...LOL...You don't get off that easy...

When adding your photo, don't use the original, turn it into a work of art..Try using different techniques like water color, sepia, etc, omg there is so many to try...You will have fun experimenting, trust me...Trying new things is exciting...<wink>

Upload your layouts to the gallery and post the link or image here so we can all see...

BUT WAIT!!!!!! I'm not finished yet!! LOL...There will be a contest held at the end of the month. I will get all the layouts you submitted together, and have you secretly judge on them and the top three will win a FREE kit from my store..Your choice even...lol...So the more you make, the more chances you have...

So...Um... what are you still doing here? Upload your freebie and start scrappin'! Oh and btw, ignore the file name, I mispelled it...LOL((HUGS)) and enjoy...Can't wait to see what you all can come up with..hehe
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wolvsie35; 06-30-2009, 11:07 PM.
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• wolvsie35
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2007

....and here is my example...

Comment

• Kazr
        Layout Whiz
        • Mar 2006

WOW Michelle,will have to put our thinking caps on for this one,looks like so much fun,thanks for the freebies
        hugs Karyn.

Comment

• Kazr
          Layout Whiz
          • Mar 2006

Here is my entry,my daughter Jade-Ellyn, all credit goes to Michelle & her July challenge kit - photo was altered using the Crackle effect.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

WOW! Kazr, what a great effect! That came out so cool! Hope I get to work on this when I get back off vacation!
            Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

That is really cool Kazr....great effect...I love playing around like this, that I might make another one...LOL...Thanks for getting one in so early..<wink>

Comment

• Manatee25
                Layout Whiz
                • Mar 2007

Off and running with a GREAT challenge Wolvsie!!! Love the pages so far! Way to go! I think I have the perfect picture to do this with... but it will have to wait since I am on vacation for a few weeks!
                Don't procrastinate being happy!
                And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                Orange Blossom- new release
                sigpic
                My SBM store

Comment

• kevdregab
                  • Jun 2009

Not sure this

is the final edit....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kevdregab; 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• pickngrin
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jul 2008

Here ya go.

Credits in gallery

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

I LOVE all these effects and soooo love using WHITE for background! CLEVER girl!! BRILLIANT challenge!! HUGS!!

Comment

• crunchymountainmomma
                        • Jul 2008

I just took this picture Father's Day and had no idea what to do with it. Thank you for the challenge! This page will go in my mother in law's Alzheimer's scrapbook!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• pilotswife
                          • Feb 2008

Gym meet

This was before I had a digital camera and was the only photo from that day that turned out because it was so dark and they were all moving constantly. Thanks for the freebies, Wolvsie! I hope you don't mind that I changed the color just a bit darker.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• nannybernie
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Apr 2009

Sisters Being Sisters

The girls were being frightful, didn't want to agree to anything and were doing the "she touched me Mum" style behaviour. All I wanted were some pics of them together. They couldn't decide if they loved or hated each other at this point. They get on most of the time, it was just one of those days....... Used film grain to alter the photos.
                            Thanks for the freebies. the frames are mine that were posted to the embellishment forum the other day. The Ficifolia flowers and gumnuts fitted the colour scheme very well I thought. Will try to do another one at some point if get the chance.
                            All the best from Nanny Bernie.
                            Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• wolvsie35
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2007

Tina...I do hope you do this challenge..lol..but more importantly, enjoy your vacation...You better be taking some photos...<wink>

I can't believe how fast all of you are...wow...and the pages you made are great...

kevdregab: I think your page is adorable and doesn't need any editing...very cute..Thanks for joining us....

pickngrin: Your page is wonderful as always..Cute toddler too...

crunchymountainmomma: first of all, LOVE the name...lol...and the effect you used on your photo is awesome...should make a great addition for your album...Thanks for joining...

pilotswife: Your welcome and the red, white and blue look on your photos is cool...

nannybernie: Thanks for playing and you are welcome...Your story made me laugh...My two boys were the same way and I think now that they are older they got worse...lol...great photos....

I have to say I am tickled pink to see more newer ones joining us...and I want to wish you all a warm welcome to our great community...we have some nuts around here, but I won't mention any names...LOL...Looking forward to seeing more pages...((HUGS))

Comment

Working...
                              X