• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pickngrin
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2008

So sad to see

I don't know how many of you watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, but I have been watching since the very beginning. If you are not on Eastern Time this is a spoiler of what happened tonight so if you want a surprise as to what happened stop reading here.

It makes me sad to see yet another marriage go down the drain. I think the media played a HUGE role in their decision to file for separation. I know some marriages go off the track for reasons that simply cannot be helped. Some marriages are better off broken, I get that. There are circumstances that validate divorce for sure. It just seems to me that so many people find divorce to be the eay way out. It seems like nobody tries hard enough at marriage anymore. Especially those who are in the lime light. I just feel bad for the kids. They are so young. And it seems like their parents are acting on the same age level as the 6 little kids. Kate clearly stated that Jon refuses to talk to her about the situation. How can any marriage get through a tough spot without communication? Like I said, I have watched this show since day one and I realize Kate is very controlling and bossy. And that Jon is sometimes almost like a doormat. And I hope I never hear another person say, "Well if Kate wasn't such a _____, than Jon would still be there." I don't care how someone treats you, infidelity is never ok. Get out first, not go behind your spouses back like a coward. At first I didn't believe he had actually cheated. I thought it was all tabloid babble. But now I am not so sure. I think the man is going through a mid-life crisis (at age 32). New sports car, new custom-built motorcycle, both ears pierced. And she seems just as bad about being drawn to material things. I usually try not to judge people, especially if I don't know them. But they came into my living room when the babies were just that, not even walking. And I guess I got caught up in the whole thing. How they dealt with 8 kids, how they dealt with each other. Then the free trips and things started taking over the show and it slowly became less interesting. The show should be cancelled before those kids end up being targets for who knows what and end up needing serious therapy.
    Sorry to rant and rave but this really got to me. I hope I didn't offend anyone about the marriage thing, that was truly not my intention. It just makes me so sad.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

I SOOOO agree with you on this! Although I did miss the show tonight...actually I haven't really watched much of it for a while. I never liked Kate but that is M.O. I agree also that Jon should have left BEFORE he did what he is supposed to have done but like my hubby said...maybe, just maybe he did what he did AS a way out..too afraid to do it himself so he gave HER a reason. Who knows, in any case..I'll miss the kids but not the parents.

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• Marshalynn
      • May 2009

Im there with the both of you. Ive watched from the beginning as well and agree that all the freebies have changed both K&J. The kids are the ones going to pay the biggest price for all that has happened. IMO...K&J should have turned the cameras off when things started going bad and focused more on thier marriage and kids. There is NEVER a reason to cheat, like I tell DH...people change...& if you ever met someone who turned your head, leave first, you owe me and the kids that much! I was really hoping the news they had was the cams were going away...but I guess I knew better too. Hate to see these kids go through this...bless their lil hearts!
      sigpic

My scrappin pals are Sylvia Esther, Kimmyann & ValerieElaine...with more to come!!!

Me thinks I need additional income, Ive just discovered the SBM Store!!!

Comment

Working...
      X