X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbird51
    • May 2008

Tech problem with SBM

I installed SBM on Vista 64 and can not add a new page to a scrapbook. The themes window is blank. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Everything else seems to be working so I don't know what else to do.
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Sweetpea..I had the same problem with mine and had to use my norton utilities to fix it..we do have a solution to this problem but for the life of me ..can't remember..hang in there..someone will be able to answer this for you soon enough..
    We have monitors that are savvy to this kind of thing!!
    You aren't alone!! Think this is windows problem with new program..

HUGS and WELCOME!!
    donna

Comment

• redbird51
      • May 2008

Thanks autisticwonder!

Will hang in there but so wanted to work this weekend. I have had this computer since Jan and it's been one problem after another until two days ago when Microsoft finally gave us an answer. That's a long time not to scrap!!!!!!

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

I feel for ya girl!!

The suggestion in this thread is for you to email Karin at Scrapbookmax.com..go to your email section..and start looking for Karin ...They will send you the solution or tell you it's a windows thing and that you have to go to WINDOWs to fix..That is depressing..

It happened with me initially reinstalling my program. Reg Cure is good at fixing those issues to..It seems to be a problem with the dll files..not sure..

Crossing my fingers you will get a quick response..
        I'll keep searching through threads for you..someone has the answer!!

HUGS...soo sorry you are having this problem..
        donna

Comment

• autisticwonder
          Scrap Guru
          • Nov 2006

Got some ideas to try..

Disable your security program and try reopening Max and try adding a page to see what happens.. IN fact..turn off any other programs you may have running.

My program did that just a few times before it worked. Then once it was fully engaged..haven't had that problem again..

Another suggestion I read was to go to VISTA for the latest updates..Installing the service pack can help..

Sure hope something works for ya!!
          BLESS you!!
          Donna

Comment

• redbird51
            • May 2008

Will Try

Will try disabling the antivirus. Hadn't thought of that one. My computer is totally uptodate so that won't help but will keep at it. Thanks so much for your help. I did send a message through "contact us" hoping that would get to tech support and Desmond.

Comment

• autisticwonder
              Scrap Guru
              • Nov 2006

At least we know there is a solution!!
              So sorry you are having to deal with this!!

HUGS gIRL!!
              donna

Comment

• eve1447
                • Apr 2009

Just signed up yesterday and had the same problem ...l I was ready to give up until I joined the forum a few minutes ago. Soooo relieved to know I'm not the only one. I'm on deadline, too ... and afraid if I don't get this remedied soon, I'm going to have to go on a surf hunt again for wedding embellishments which needs to be done by Wednesday morning and I work full time - 13-hour days! Was hoping to start yesterday - to no avail. Never heard of the extension .smt. Maybe if I read on ... I'll find the answer. Good luck ... and wish me luck as well, smiles.

Ev

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

Hello!

.smt files are templates designed to import into Scrapbook MAX! software. To use an .smt file in Scrapbook MAX!, double-click on your downloaded .smt file. It will automatically import to Create a New Scrapbook.

Click on it in the Create a New Scrapbook window and give your project a name. You can now use the template pages, and edit the elements as desired.

Hope that helps!
                  Karin

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

Hoping everything worked out for you!! Is the problem fixed??

Comment

• tapestryl
                      • Mar 2006

Please help!

Hi Karin,

I am having this same problem. I just loaded SB Max on my new Gateway laptop with a Vista 64 bit operating system as well as loaded the new "SB Max School Edition" software that I just purchased. I have two issues.

QUOTE=Karin;139079]Hello!

.smt files are templates designed to import into Scrapbook MAX! software. To use an .smt file in Scrapbook MAX!, double-click on your downloaded .smt file. It will automatically import to Create a New Scrapbook.

Click on it in the Create a New Scrapbook window and give your project a name. You can now use the template pages, and edit the elements as desired.

Hope that helps!
                      Karin [/QUOTE]

First, is that when I try to add a page within a project, my "Themes" window is blank. Regarding your suggestion (see quote above), I am not sure what a ".smt file" is and where it can be found.

Secondly, when I create a new scrapbook, the window comes up to select a theme. Well, not all of my "Themes" are showing up. My old laptop is on it's last legs. So, I am transferring what I want, over to my new laptop. I copied a lot of my embies, paperscraps, etc on CD's to transfer over to my new laptop, which seemed to work fine. However, I can't find all the themes I had (which were many). On my old laptop, I looked under "Program Files/Scrapbook Max/etc.", but cannot find all of the many themes that I have. Do you know where I can locate those?

Any advice or assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

[
                      Tapestry[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Been reading along with the thread but I'm totally hopeless in this regard as I don't use templates in Max and prefer to make my own layout.
                        Hope you can get the problem resolved soon. Hugs.
                        Kind wishes from Carena
                        Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                        Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• nannybernie
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Apr 2009

a suggestion

Mine are found under "user" then Documents and settings, then Scrapbook Max, then click on the projects folder this is the file created by my system to save all my created layouts/templates.
                          My other suggestion would be to click on a blank template in sbm, go to export template, name it as test or something else and then it will export the template to the templates folder in the Scrapbook Max folder and it should then load the file that it is stored in, check the address bar at the top of the screen and it will say where the folder has been saved, but will have templates listed, click on the arrow before the templates and it should give you a drop down so you can choose the Projects folder. I hope that is clear enough to follow. I use Vista.
                          I hope I haven't confused you.
                          All the best from Nanny Bernie.
                          Friends with Wolvsie35, Carena, TheFreeSpirit, Omajo & Sylvia Esther

sigpic

Comment

• Marion
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Feb 2006

It should have nothing to do with Vista or a 64 bit system. I run the same on my laptop, with no problems.

Comment

• tapestryl
                              • Mar 2006

Thanks Ladies!

Nannybernie, thank you so much for the advice. I am sorry to say that it didn't help my problem. I only was able to pull up the templates I had created so far, which weren't many, since this is newly installed. But, I do thank you for trying to help. Your directions were very clear.

Karin, I'm not able to follow your instructions. I'm not sure where to find the .smt file to import templates.

I am still unable to see "Themes" when I go to import a page within a project. I am so frustrated, that I don't know what to do. I hate to go to another scrapbook software program, because I love SB Max so much and rave about it to everyone I know. But if this problem isn't rectified, sadly, I may have no alternative. Right now this program is virtually unusable.

Thanks again ladies.
                              Last edited by tapestryl; 08-09-2009, 05:30 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
                              Tapestry[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X