+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question Please help!

Hi Karin,

I am having this same problem. I just loaded SB Max on my new Gateway laptop with a Vista 64 bit operating system as well as loaded the new "SB Max School Edition" software that I just purchased. I have two issues.

QUOTE=Karin;139079]Hello!

.smt files are templates designed to import into Scrapbook MAX! software. To use an .smt file in Scrapbook MAX!, double-click on your downloaded .smt file. It will automatically import to Create a New Scrapbook.

Click on it in the Create a New Scrapbook window and give your project a name. You can now use the template pages, and edit the elements as desired.

Hope that helps!
    Karin [/QUOTE]

First, is that when I try to add a page within a project, my "Themes" window is blank. Regarding your suggestion (see quote above), I am not sure what a ".smt file" is and where it can be found.

Secondly, when I create a new scrapbook, the window comes up to select a theme. Well, not all of my "Themes" are showing up. My old laptop is on it's last legs. So, I am transferring what I want, over to my new laptop. I copied a lot of my embies, paperscraps, etc on CD's to transfer over to my new laptop, which seemed to work fine. However, I can't find all the themes I had (which were many). On my old laptop, I looked under "Program Files/Scrapbook Max/etc.", but cannot find all of the many themes that I have. Do you know where I can locate those?

Any advice or assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

[
    Tapestry[SIGPIC]

Been reading along with the thread but I'm totally hopeless in this regard as I don't use templates in Max and prefer to make my own layout.
    Hope you can get the problem resolved soon. Hugs.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Default a suggestion

Mine are found under "user" then Documents and settings, then Scrapbook Max, then click on the projects folder this is the file created by my system to save all my created layouts/templates.
    My other suggestion would be to click on a blank template in sbm, go to export template, name it as test or something else and then it will export the template to the templates folder in the Scrapbook Max folder and it should then load the file that it is stored in, check the address bar at the top of the screen and it will say where the folder has been saved, but will have templates listed, click on the arrow before the templates and it should give you a drop down so you can choose the Projects folder. I hope that is clear enough to follow. I use Vista.
    I hope I haven't confused you.

It should have nothing to do with Vista or a 64 bit system. I run the same on my laptop, with no problems.

Thanks Ladies!

Nannybernie, thank you so much for the advice. I am sorry to say that it didn't help my problem. I only was able to pull up the templates I had created so far, which weren't many, since this is newly installed. But, I do thank you for trying to help. Your directions were very clear.

Karin, I'm not able to follow your instructions. I'm not sure where to find the .smt file to import templates.

I am still unable to see "Themes" when I go to import a page within a project. I am so frustrated, that I don't know what to do. I hate to go to another scrapbook software program, because I love SB Max so much and rave about it to everyone I know. But if this problem isn't rectified, sadly, I may have no alternative. Right now this program is virtually unusable.

Thanks again ladies.
    Last edited by tapestryl; 08-09-2009 at 05:30 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Tapestry[SIGPIC]

Hello!

Please send an email to support [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com explaining the problem (or put in a link to this thread). In your email, please include your order number or invoice.

We will try to help you further!
    Karin