+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tech problem with SBM

I installed SBM on Vista 64 and can not add a new page to a scrapbook. The themes window is blank. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Everything else seems to be working so I don't know what else to do.

Sweetpea..I had the same problem with mine and had to use my norton utilities to fix it..we do have a solution to this problem but for the life of me ..can't remember..hang in there..someone will be able to answer this for you soon enough..
    We have monitors that are savvy to this kind of thing!!
    You aren't alone!! Think this is windows problem with new program..

HUGS and WELCOME!!
    donna

Default Thanks autisticwonder!

Will hang in there but so wanted to work this weekend. I have had this computer since Jan and it's been one problem after another until two days ago when Microsoft finally gave us an answer. That's a long time not to scrap!!!!!!

I feel for ya girl!!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13775

The suggestion in this thread is for you to email Karin at Scrapbookmax.com..go to your email section..and start looking for Karin ...They will send you the solution or tell you it's a windows thing and that you have to go to WINDOWs to fix..That is depressing..

It happened with me initially reinstalling my program. Reg Cure is good at fixing those issues to..It seems to be a problem with the dll files..not sure..

Crossing my fingers you will get a quick response..
    I'll keep searching through threads for you..someone has the answer!!

HUGS...soo sorry you are having this problem..
    donna

Got some ideas to try..

Disable your security program and try reopening Max and try adding a page to see what happens.. IN fact..turn off any other programs you may have running.

My program did that just a few times before it worked. Then once it was fully engaged..haven't had that problem again..

Another suggestion I read was to go to VISTA for the latest updates..Installing the service pack can help..

Sure hope something works for ya!!
    BLESS you!!
    Donna

Default Will Try

Will try disabling the antivirus. Hadn't thought of that one. My computer is totally uptodate so that won't help but will keep at it. Thanks so much for your help. I did send a message through "contact us" hoping that would get to tech support and Desmond.

At least we know there is a solution!!
    So sorry you are having to deal with this!!

HUGS gIRL!!
    donna

Just signed up yesterday and had the same problem ...l I was ready to give up until I joined the forum a few minutes ago. Soooo relieved to know I'm not the only one. I'm on deadline, too ... and afraid if I don't get this remedied soon, I'm going to have to go on a surf hunt again for wedding embellishments which needs to be done by Wednesday morning and I work full time - 13-hour days! Was hoping to start yesterday - to no avail. Never heard of the extension .smt. Maybe if I read on ... I'll find the answer. Good luck ... and wish me luck as well, smiles.

Ev

Hello!

.smt files are templates designed to import into Scrapbook MAX! software. To use an .smt file in Scrapbook MAX!, double-click on your downloaded .smt file. It will automatically import to Create a New Scrapbook.

Click on it in the Create a New Scrapbook window and give your project a name. You can now use the template pages, and edit the elements as desired.

Hope that helps!
    Karin

Hoping everything worked out for you!! Is the problem fixed??