+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Weekly Challenge 61 - I'm a Designer too!

I'm a Designer too!

this weeks challenge is a little learning curve for some of you - it is a little designer tip

often you will find a photograph that you look at and think...those colours would make a beautiful page/kit so this week will will be working with some photographs (attached) that you will be making pages from their colours (clear as mud huh)

some of you may already know about the little utility Colorcop ...this is a totally free to download and use, stand alone utility that allows you to pick out the exact colours from photographs, embellishments, papers etc and gives you the codes to make your own or recolour items to that colour (using a graphics program) you can download colorcop here http://colorcop.net/download

so now to the challenge! attached are several photographs - what i would like you to do is choose one of the photographs (you can do each photograph if you wish) and then make up a page in the colours of that photograph - by either changing the colours of existing embellishments/papers to match or by making your own embellishments/papers

alternatively you can take the photograph and just search your collection of scrapping items or the forums for items to match the colours in the photographs

I'm a Designer too!

Rules:

1) using one of the photographs attached, scrap a page that uses the colours within the photograph

2) you may re-colour existing embellishments/papers or make your own

3) all pages are to be uploaded to the gallery and the image or link posted to this thread

4) challenge ends Sunday 12th April (Easter Sunday)

ps.if you feel this is too complicated for you please feel free to just scrap the photographs
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (81.4 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (38.6 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (31.4 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (13.3 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (10.8 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (28.4 KB, 14 views)

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Default using photo 6

heres a page i made quickly using photo 6 as an example

plus attached is the frame, flower & papers in a smb file for anyone who wants it
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

:
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Here is my first one. Having a hard time coming up with photos that match all these challenges that are using girly colors, LOL! Fun challenge though.

The photo I chose first was number 6
    Attached Images

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

I know, I know...I'm already a designer. LOL! But gee whiz, this sounded like such fun!

My submission for Fiona's week 61 challenge: 5x7 greeting card front cover.

Using one of the photos Fiona provided, I pulled the color codes out of it using my own graphics program. Using those color codes, I made a background paper and a scalloped-edge paper (grab them below!). For the word "beauty" I used the alphas from the "Life Is A Garden" kit found in Scrapbook MAX! and matched them using the "Adjust Color" option in the SBM program. The font for "in the simple things of life" is "Liorah" (from dafont.com) and I matched it using the color codes from my graphics program.

Thanks for a GREAT challenge, Fiona!

Attached Files
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Here is my second one.
    Attached Images

fantastic pages ladies

:
    Check out my store
    Here

Don't know if I did it right.Just recloured papers. I used picture#5

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Here is another

Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pickngrin View Post
    Here is another

Pick love this one. I wish I had gotten alot more pictures of mine when they were younger but when you have two and daddy was stationed somewhere else you seem to foreget the small things, Boys will be boys and water will attract them.
    Rachell

fabulous pages ladies.....you are all doing great at this challenge

:
    Check out my store
    Here