• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RachellIowa
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2008

Young Death

My husbands Brothers oldest son passed away yesterday he was 24 he died of a drug overdose. Please everyone talk to your children or if they feel better have them talk to someone they are comfortable with.He was a troubled young man and his upbringing was not the best he learned the drug sence young as his mother and birth father are both drug users. This has bothered my husband for years as this is one of the things he feared would happen to his brother growing up. One went the right path and the other took the wrong path. This has made my husband very upset and wished his brother would have sought help before but now what he has done has effected them and I can only pray that they seek help before it becomes to late. We pray every day for them and hope that this will be the wake up call. I feel so bad for them but I cannot say to them how I feel. I loved my nephew and I blame his parents because they are the ones who started giving him the drugs to begin with. May god have a blessing left to extend to them.
    Rachell
  • eye
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Oh this is so sad indeed.I am so sorry to hear you have to go through such sad times.I am also awaiting a approaching death and one that could have been stopped. I am so angry with her at this point that i told her i cannot gelp her anymore and i wash my hands but also told her I will be there when she is dying and also will be their at her furneral.Being blunt did not hit home base.So my prayerss are with you and your hubbie.Some people are hard to save.
    sigpic
    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• pickngrin
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2008

That is really sad. I am so sorry to hear this!!!

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• Smile
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2006

Rachel I am so sorry for you and your family. This drug thing is everywhere. It is one of the scaryiest things when bring up a child today. And worse when the parents are also involved in drugs. I have no words that could stop this but keeping your kids close and busy, I feel is a help. But it takes both mom and dad and I hope that these young parents will realize this before it is too late. When do you know that you are in danger....when you smoke up every day and think it is ok and that the kids arn't watching...........they are and will follow your example because in there eyes you have the answer to what is right and what is wrong.....god help this next generation.....how many half to die before people wake up.....my heart goes out to you.......xoxoxo
        sigpic....

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
          Layout Whiz
          • Sep 2007

So many lives are cut so short through this drug use, but unfortunately you can give them all the chances and help in the world but the bottom line is that they have to WANT to stop and be STRONG enough. It always a very sad sad thing to see as I have a g/friend who is going through this with her son, very heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you.
          My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• makeyesup
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2006

So sorry to hear about your nephew. You are all in my prayers. There just are too many pressures put on our young people. They so often don't get to be just children and then grow up with problems as they don't know how to cope.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• RachellIowa
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2008

Thank everyone. We are awaiting to find out the funeral arrangements as they live in texas.
              Rachell

Comment

• wolvsie35
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2007

Rachell, I am so so sorry for the news...You hang in there, and remember, we are all here for you...You sure have been through alot lately...God Bless...((HUGS))
                I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Such a shame to have a wonderful promising young life cut short.

Comment

• jazzieal
                    Digi Sage
                    • Sep 2006

Its a terrible thing when drugs hover over a family..its not just one that is hurt by them but whole families. I have been there and done that and know first hand what pain it brings.
                    The best thing anyone can do is pray that eyes will be opened to what will happen to those who use and they will seek help.
                    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• crops2dawn
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Sooo Sorry to hear about your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your BIL's family!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
                      X