Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grouping!!!

Default Grouping!!!

Is it proposed in future updates of the software, for us to be able to group items and then resize & rotate them!! Don't think this is possible at the moment ~ is it???

Yes! There is grouping!

1. Select the objects you want to group together... Each object will have dashed lines around their borders

2. Press CTRL+G or right-click on any of the objects and select "Group". The dashed lines will change to a green box that surrounds all the objects.

3. You can then move and\or rotate everything at once! How cool is that?

NOTE: If you want ot edit any of your objects in the group, you must "ungroup" them first.

Thanks for that tip! Wish I had figured that one out before I did "Or Bust"..... that would have made it a LOT easier..... LOL
    God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Default Grouping

Have just tried the grouping & fine.... I can rotate but unable to resize while grouping. Is this correct? Would be so cool to have the facility to resize.

Yes, I believe you can resize by dragging any of the four corners in the group...

You can resize them when you have them all selected together, but not if you have chosen "Group", which locks them together. If when you click on the items and they have a green box around it, they are already "locked" or grouped. If you wish to resize after you have grouped them, just click on the items (you get one green box) and type Ctrl+Shift+G and the green box will disappear and all your items will be boxed in blue, each with a separate box. Find the box that has the corners on it, and grab a corner and resize. All your items should resize with it. They don't necessarily resize at the same scale, however...so you will probably need to tweak it a little when you are done.

I hope this helps!

Yes, Kristy... I stand corrected... You can move/rotate a group only

Many thx all (Kirstc1994). Have now tried all the suggestions out & feel more confident in using grouping etc.
    Boy these sessions really do help. So,so glad I bought this software...........

Hi Mary,
    I'm very glad you found the grouping feature! I just thought I would mention another really great tool that I've used several times. It relates to your grouping and resizing question.

Sometimes I want to make several embellishments all the same size (this is especially true before I group them). For example, when I have several ABC embellishments, I often play around with their size until I'm happy. But then I want to ensure the letters are all the same height and width (uniformity is good when making a vertical word with these letters). This is what I do:

Click all items while holding down the "SHIFT" key. Then go to the Align menu and click "Make Same Height", "Make Same Width", or "Make Same Size" (does both)..... be sure that the last embellishment you clicked is the size you want!! Then I'm ready to group them.

I've attached a layout I created ...... I remember this feature I just described was really helpful when I created the "cheers" on this page.

Well, happy scrapping (and grouping)!
    Attached Images
    Marnie

ALWAYS happy to take on new advice & will certainly use this one in future.
    Many many thx.