• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

March 2009 Designer Challenge hosted by Manatee25 & knzus

March 2009 Designer Challenge
    hosted by Manatee25 (Tina) and knzus (Diana)

"SPRING BABY"

For this month's challenge you will be scrapping a page about YOURSELF!

It's almost SPRING and with it everything begins anew... flowers, grass, trees - our yards and gardens burst forth with wonderful COLOR and new GROWTH. And we begin to see new life in the animals that inhabit these areas as they have their own BABIES. So to celebrate the changing of the seasons and with it the newness of life, here are the rules for your challenge:

1. Find a photo of YOURSELF as a BABY. If you don't have a BABY photo, use one of yourself of as young as you have. NO, you can NOT use your children's, grandchildren's, or someone else's photos. We want to see YOU as a BABY or as young as possible.

2. Use the COLOR SWATCH provided. Use AT LEAST THREE (3) of the colors, but feel free to use more or all.

3. Two (2) choices for this one: 1) Use ANY FREEBIE OR PURCHASED embellishments, papers, etc. from THIS WEBSITE or found in your SCRAPBOOK MAX! SOFTWARE as your scrapping items. That means ANY item you use on your layout MUST be found here on the SCRAPBOOKMAX.COM website (store or forums) or software (the CD/program on your computer).... OR!!!.... 2) MAKE YOUR OWN items AND OFFER them as FREEBIES in THIS THREAD as SMB or SMT files. Be sure to use the COLOR SWATCH for anything you use or make.

4. Journal at least TWO (2) details about yourself, more if you want.

5. POST your layout in the MEMBERS GALLERY and here IN THIS THREAD, along with any FREEBIES. (Note that FREEBIES means anything YOU MAKE... you can NOT offer items from SBM or that OTHERS have given. (If you do not understand this, please pm either manatee25 or knzus for clarification.)

6. CREDIT! CREDIT! CREDIT! Whatever you use, please be sure to give CREDIT where credit is due.

At the end of the month, all who have joined in on this challenge will receive a wonderful FREE KIT with ALL NEW ITEMS that you can ONLY RECEIVE right here for joining in the FUN!!

This challenge runs for the ENTIRE month of MARCH 2009! Post as many layouts as you like, but the photos MUST be of YOU as a BABY or as young as you have!

If you have any questions, just give us -- Manatee25 (Tina) or knzus (Diana) -- a holler!

HAVE FUN!!

Tina & Diana
    Attached Files
    Last edited by knzus; 02-28-2009, 06:31 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Sounds Like fun!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Manatee25
      Layout Whiz
      • Mar 2007

Couldn't have typed it up better myself girl!!!

We think this is going to be a FUN challenge!!! The color swatch Diana has created is SO MUCH FUN! I love it! Couldn't stop once I got started!! So I am going to give you all a little freebie to get you started out!

You DO NOT have to use these items... but you sure may if you want to!

We can't wait to see all these bright spring colors and your ADORABLE self's when you were all babies!! I will get my LO up sometime next week! Gotta hunt down a picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Manatee25; 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot preview
      Don't procrastinate being happy!
      And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
      Orange Blossom- new release
      sigpic
      My SBM store

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

Thanks for the goodies, I had mine done before I saw them.
        The yellow paper is from Fiona's Eggstra Special kit (from last year I think). The stitches are from Five Feathers (I darkened them). The rest I Made. I added them below plus a couple of extra's.

Attached Files
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
          Layout Whiz
          • Sep 2007

Thanks for sharing - I certainly will use it, thanks heaps - it sounds like a fun challenge - now to try and find a photo
          My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
            Layout Whiz
            • Sep 2007

This is my LO for the Challenge - I used the freebie by Manatee25 thanks heaps. The journalling was supposed to be a shape - but I don't know what happened - anyway here it is - thanks for a great Challenge Manatee25 & knzus

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• pickngrin
              Layout Whiz
              • Jul 2008

Here is me when I was almost 2 years old. I am working on another one when I was a really little baby. I called my parents to give me two words that would describe me at that age and they gave me funny and smart (well that wasn't their first two choices, lol)

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• pickngrin
                Layout Whiz
                • Jul 2008

Oops I forgot to share the things I made. All other credits are in the gallery.
                Attached Files

Comment

• mh51
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jul 2006

Everything here I made myself with the exception of the 'twinkles' which were from

Carena ~ 'Boy Zone'

(Sorry... I'm no good at journaling!!!)

See below thumbnail, which shows what you'll get in the Zip file.

Attached Files

Comment

• pickngrin
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jul 2008

Mary!
                    Look how cute you are with that big ole' grin on your face!

Comment

• Manatee25
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Mar 2007

Oh this is SO FUN!!! Sheesh you girls are FAST! I love the LO's so far!!! It is so fun to see you as babies and get to know a little bit more about you!!!!
                      Don't procrastinate being happy!
                      And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                      Orange Blossom- new release
                      sigpic
                      My SBM store

Comment

• knzus
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jan 2007

*woot*

This is AWESOME! Look what you guys have done already!! And those goodies are DELISH!! EXCELLENT pages! This is FUN!!
                        Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• makeyesup
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2006

Great job girls, think my baby pictures must have gotten destroyed in the basement water floods. The youngest one that I have is about 4 years old. Used it recently; however, guess I'll use it again.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• crops2dawn
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Now where are those baby photos...hmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll be back!!!! LOL

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                              Digi Sage
                              • Aug 2008

Here's mine. Credits in the gallery. Fun challenge

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

Working...
                              X