+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default March 2009 Designer Challenge hosted by Manatee25 & knzus

March 2009 Designer Challenge
    hosted by Manatee25 (Tina) and knzus (Diana)

"SPRING BABY"

For this month's challenge you will be scrapping a page about YOURSELF!

It's almost SPRING and with it everything begins anew... flowers, grass, trees - our yards and gardens burst forth with wonderful COLOR and new GROWTH. And we begin to see new life in the animals that inhabit these areas as they have their own BABIES. So to celebrate the changing of the seasons and with it the newness of life, here are the rules for your challenge:

1. Find a photo of YOURSELF as a BABY. If you don't have a BABY photo, use one of yourself of as young as you have. NO, you can NOT use your children's, grandchildren's, or someone else's photos. We want to see YOU as a BABY or as young as possible.

2. Use the COLOR SWATCH provided. Use AT LEAST THREE (3) of the colors, but feel free to use more or all.

3. Two (2) choices for this one: 1) Use ANY FREEBIE OR PURCHASED embellishments, papers, etc. from THIS WEBSITE or found in your SCRAPBOOK MAX! SOFTWARE as your scrapping items. That means ANY item you use on your layout MUST be found here on the SCRAPBOOKMAX.COM website (store or forums) or software (the CD/program on your computer).... OR!!!.... 2) MAKE YOUR OWN items AND OFFER them as FREEBIES in THIS THREAD as SMB or SMT files. Be sure to use the COLOR SWATCH for anything you use or make.

4. Journal at least TWO (2) details about yourself, more if you want.

5. POST your layout in the MEMBERS GALLERY and here IN THIS THREAD, along with any FREEBIES. (Note that FREEBIES means anything YOU MAKE... you can NOT offer items from SBM or that OTHERS have given. (If you do not understand this, please pm either manatee25 or knzus for clarification.)

6. CREDIT! CREDIT! CREDIT! Whatever you use, please be sure to give CREDIT where credit is due.

At the end of the month, all who have joined in on this challenge will receive a wonderful FREE KIT with ALL NEW ITEMS that you can ONLY RECEIVE right here for joining in the FUN!!

This challenge runs for the ENTIRE month of MARCH 2009! Post as many layouts as you like, but the photos MUST be of YOU as a BABY or as young as you have!

If you have any questions, just give us -- Manatee25 (Tina) or knzus (Diana) -- a holler!

HAVE FUN!!

Tina & Diana
    Attached Images
    Last edited by knzus; 02-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Sounds Like fun!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Couldn't have typed it up better myself girl!!!

We think this is going to be a FUN challenge!!! The color swatch Diana has created is SO MUCH FUN! I love it! Couldn't stop once I got started!! So I am going to give you all a little freebie to get you started out!

You DO NOT have to use these items... but you sure may if you want to!

We can't wait to see all these bright spring colors and your ADORABLE self's when you were all babies!! I will get my LO up sometime next week! Gotta hunt down a picture
    Attached Images
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Manatee25; 02-28-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot preview
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release

My SBM store

Thanks for the goodies, I had mine done before I saw them.
    The yellow paper is from Fiona's Eggstra Special kit (from last year I think). The stitches are from Five Feathers (I darkened them). The rest I Made. I added them below plus a couple of extra's.

Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Thanks for sharing - I certainly will use it, thanks heaps - it sounds like a fun challenge - now to try and find a photo
    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

This is my LO for the Challenge - I used the freebie by Manatee25 thanks heaps. The journalling was supposed to be a shape - but I don't know what happened - anyway here it is - thanks for a great Challenge Manatee25 & knzus

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Here is me when I was almost 2 years old. I am working on another one when I was a really little baby. I called my parents to give me two words that would describe me at that age and they gave me funny and smart (well that wasn't their first two choices, lol)

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Oops I forgot to share the things I made. All other credits are in the gallery.
    Attached Images

Everything here I made myself with the exception of the 'twinkles' which were from

Carena ~ 'Boy Zone'

(Sorry... I'm no good at journaling!!!)

See below thumbnail, which shows what you'll get in the Zip file.

Attached Images
    Attached Files

Mary!
    Look how cute you are with that big ole' grin on your face!