• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbinkey
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by srussell
    Chicken works out well in my house... My wife likes the thighs and legs and I'm a breast man (LOL)

For nice juicy, crispy chicken, I do a couple of things...

1. Marinated the chicken in a little olive oil, some lime, parsley and sage overnight

2. Dip the chicken pieces in a mixture in flour, yellow cornmeal and a 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper for spice

3. Put a little oil in a skillet (all metal) on a low frame , partially fry the pieces until crispy.

4 Take the whole pan and put in a 350 F over for about 15-20 minutes to finish

It's a little more work, but it's well worth the wait!

Next week on the show ... we'll show you how to make...
    Thanks Steve!!
    Sounds so Good!! We can always count on Steve!!
    I bet you do like Breasts the Best!! LOL
    Binkey

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

I don't bake chicken... I eat it, or fry it:

1) Wash the little critter througoughly with soap and clorox... Well, ok, plain water will do.

2) Dry well, but not in the dryer,you nut!

3) Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.

4) Put in skillet, and pour Crisco oil until is almost covered. Live just a tiny bit of the chicken showing, so it can breath, or it will drown.

5) Cook on medium to low fire, and turn often, till the skin is crunchy (best part of the whole thing), and the chicken is done. Don't ask me, ask the chicken, how should I know.

6) Send me four pieces, legs or thighs, for dinner. Don't feel like cooking tonight.

Now, wasn't that simple.

Granny
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• lilbinkey
        Layout Whiz
        • Apr 2006

HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA
        Granny you are just 2 Funny!!!!!!
        What time would u like your dinnner Babe? Sounds Delish!! YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!
        XOXOXO,
        Binkey

Originally posted by Granny
        I don't bake chicken... I eat it, or fry it:

1) Wash the little critter througoughly with soap and clorox... Well, ok, plain water will do.

2) Dry well, but not in the dryer,you nut!

3) Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.

4) Put in skillet, and pour Crisco oil until is almost covered. Live just a tiny bit of the chicken showing, so it can breath, or it will drown.

5) Cook on medium to low fire, and turn often, till the skin is crunchy (best part of the whole thing), and the chicken is done. Don't ask me, ask the chicken, how should I know.

6) Send me four pieces, legs or thighs, for dinner. Don't feel like cooking tonight.

Now, wasn't that simple.

Granny

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Well, we eat around 6pm, California time. Don't forget to bring some Mojitos! And I'll even put a plate up for you. Paper ok, don't want to do dishes either!

Granny
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

I still don't know after all these months living with Granny, what the heck is a Mojito???? Maybe us Wisconsinet don't have them hear. We do have 3 Taco Bells in town.

Marion

Comment

• Sandy
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jan 2006

A mojito is a drink...I've never tried one but they do look refreshing!

DigsMagazine is an on-line home + living guide for the post-college, pre-parenthood, 20 to 30-something generation,providing decorating tips, easy recipes, entertaining ideas + more for those who aim to live in style, but on a small budget.

Granny, do you have your own recipe to share?

Comment

• lilbinkey
                Layout Whiz
                • Apr 2006

Well, we eat around 6pm, California time. Don't forget to bring some Mojitos! And I'll even put a plate up for you. Paper ok, don't want to do dishes either!

Granny
                Paper is just perfect Granny. What the heck is a Mojitos??
                luv Ya Granny

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Hey Marion.... You're on the map. Anyone that has a Taco Bell in their town is on top of my list!

Mojito is a cuban drink. It's made with fresh mint leaves, and... and.... and.... well, something else. It's very refreshing and delicious.

It became very popular after one of the last James Bond movies, the one where he is in Cuba.

No, I don't have my own reciepe, but my Puerto Rican friend makes the best. Go figure. But believe me, you haven't lived till you try one.

I bet the go great with Taco Bell.

Sandy, great link, thanks!

Granny
                  sigpic

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

I just read the recipe on the website, they sound great! Will have to try it sometime.
                    Thanks for the info Sandy.
                    Next time Granny mentions Mojitos at least we know what she is talking about!

Marion

Comment

• lilbinkey
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Apr 2006

Hey Marion.... You're on the map. Anyone that has a Taco Bell in their town is on top of my list!

Mojito is a cuban drink. It's made with fresh mint leaves, and... and.... and.... well, something else. It's very refreshing and delicious.

It became very popular after one of the last James Bond movies, the one where he is in Cuba.

No, I don't have my own reciepe, but my Puerto Rican friend makes the best. Go figure. But believe me, you haven't lived till you try one.

I bet the go great with Taco Bell.

Sandy, great link, thanks!

Granny
                      Ohh Granny Taco Bell is the Best!!!!
                      As my kids would say "IT's THE BOMB"!!!! LOL
                      Binkey
                      I would love the recipe for Mojitos.......... YUMMO!!!
                      Binkey

Comment

• lilbinkey
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by lilbinkey
                        Ohh Granny Taco Bell is the Best!!!!
                        As my kids would say "IT's THE BOMB"!!!! LOL
                        Binkey
                        I would love the recipe for Mojitos.......... YUMMO!!!
                        Binkey
                        We have a Taco Bell like 5 min. from where we live... Yummo!!

Comment

• Bee
                          • May 2006

Ohhhhhhhhh, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're all making me so hungry and I don't think I should start eating at quarter past 12- infact it's probably time for bed.

Nite nite everyone!

Edited to say, "I just noticed that I've just become a senior member on my last post of the day" How cool......I'm easily pleased lol.

Catch you all tomorrow, nite nite again.
                          Last edited by Bee; 08-19-2006, 05:22 PM.
                          Love Bee
                          XXX

Comment

• kwgrlspirit
                            • Aug 2006

Try this one & it will amaze you how much it's like fried chicken, all you do is crumble up corn flakes ( any brand)and salt & perrer to taste.
                            If the chicken is not moist, I dip it in water & shake off excess before rolling in crushed corn flakes. Bake in oven & yummyyy.

Comment

Working...
                            X