• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Weekly Challenge 53 ~ Critic Me!

This weeks challenge is a little different (i think) if you cant take criticism dont join in this one lol

we all have somewhere in our collections a page (or a few pages!) that just doesnt look 'right' either something is missing, the photo doesn't show up enough, the colours are wrong etc

well this week i'd like you to firstly link those pages in this thread if they are already in the gallery or post up the image in this thread, then i'd like everyone to look at those pages and honestly say what they feel would improve the page

the final part of the challenge is then for you to rework your page using the suggestions/criticism you have been given by everyone

so to recap

1) upload a page or a few pages that you have previously scrapped that you feel just dont look 'right'

2) look at the pages uploaded and constructively suggest what you would do to improve the pages

3) once you have suggestions to improve your page, rework it and then re-post to the gallery or this thread

clear as mud huh!!!!

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• nanwu
    Digi Sage
    • Apr 2007

okay I like this layout, but it looks unfinished suggestions please

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• grannywin
      Layout Whiz
      • Sep 2006

Here is my entry to be critiqued. Deanne made a beautiful set of embies to work with that week, but I think I ruined it with the green paper. I have this layout on my wall and hate it every time I see it. Critic away!

Attached Files

Comment

• pickngrin
        Layout Whiz
        • Jul 2008

Oh man this will be hard!! I am one of those people who refuse to judge someone else's work after they have worked so hard at it. I feel bad telling them even a slight change might make it that much better. I will try though. The easy part for me will be uploading pages that I am not so happy with and I try to take suggestions and put them to good use.
        I will find one soon...

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• nanwu
          Digi Sage
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
          Here is my entry to be critiqued. Deanne made a beautiful set of embies to work with that week, but I think I ruined it with the green paper. I have this layout on my wall and hate it every time I see it. Critic away!

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...25108&cat=2431
          well i'm not going to be much help in the criticing side of things because I love this page and think the colours are perfect.....sorry i wasn't any help

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

Ok i'll start cos im like that, but dont get offended its just suggestions

i'd personally make the journal booklet much larger taking over most of the page then adding the photo frame & photo onto the blank space on the first booklet page and drop the rose down onto the bottom righthand corner

Originally posted by nanwu View Post

, Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

I think the green is a little bright for the shade of blue try a more sage green background (ive attached one that might work)

Attached Files

, Check out my store
              Here

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                Digi Sage
                • Aug 2008

I have 2 pages .This one I like but there is something missing

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                  Digi Sage
                  • Aug 2008

This is the 2nd one . I think it s the colours but I give up

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• crops2dawn
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ValerieElaine View Post
                    I have 2 pages .This one I like but there is something missing

It's need journaling... just my opinion!!
                    I think we are gonna see lots of embarrassment smiley faces

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• pickngrin
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jul 2008

OK here is mine, it is probably the least favorite of mine. I think it is probably because I am not the frilly type and it is a little more plain than what I usually do (I knew I would end up critiquing myself) . Not sure though, help....
                      Last edited by pickngrin; 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• pickngrin
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by nanwu View Post

I really like it, but how about some soft word art as an overlay for the paper. Maybe different sayings typed in different but elegant fonts?

Comment

• pickngrin
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jul 2008

I agree with Fiona, just a shade lighter green or maybe a beige or something. I like it though! And I love her facial expression.

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                            I think the green is a little bright for the shade of blue try a more sage green background (ive attached one that might work)
                            I agree with Fiona, maybe even a little more "grayer" green, or two layers of different color greens, making the center color smaller so the second color would show through the "holes" in the blue border.
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• sacannon
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                              Ok i'll start cos im like that, but dont get offended its just suggestions

i'd personally make the journal booklet much larger taking over most of the page then adding the photo frame & photo onto the blank space on the first booklet page and drop the rose down onto the bottom righthand corner

I agree here too.
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X