Hybrid View

Default Site suggestion - Spam management

We've had a couple of newbies who appear to be touting for-sale items in threads other than Favorite Sites for Scrapbook-MAX-ers.

I'm not able to find the terms of use for the forum, so I can't look up what is or is not allowed in relation to (to put it nicely) alerting forum members about the delights of other sites and offerings or (to put it negatively) rapacious self-puffery.

You might want to have a sticky somewhere at the top that explains the roles of each forum heading (e.g., Embellishments is for freely-offered add-ons; for-sale and commercial Web site links can be posted in Favorite Sites... and so on).

Rules for the Favourites off site areas is a sticky at top
    Find it here:
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6508

No other links are allowed anywhere else in the forum or gallery area beside links withing Scrapbook Max forum, however I've seen a few.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks, Carena. It didn't occur to me to look at the sticky in that forum.

Still wouldn't mind a central statement of overall policy. I'm pretty sure I agreed to one when I registered here, but I didn't keep a copy.

True it is that we are a civilized group, and I've never seen here the kind of slush that occurs on other forums, where cowards attack viciously, safe behind aliases.

But for newbies especially, a simple overview and a restatement of the overall forum rules might be a good thing. Many other forums have a dedicated section that focuses specifically on the forum alone, with sticky threads on things like "Terms of Use," "Forum Tips and Tricks," "Forum Suggestions" and so on.

Dave