X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gramaof2
    • Mar 2006

torn paper effect..

Hi! Just purchased the Scrapbook Max and love it.. I do however, have a question for anyone.. Is it possible to give a paper a torn effect for the page your working on? thanks in advance..
    If I knew garandchildren would be this much fun, I would have had them first!
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi gramaof2,

Do you mean applying a torn edge to a paper scrap on a page or to the page itself? Here are suggestions for both, just in case...

For a paper scrap - choose your paper scrap. In the Paper Scrap Properties dialog (the box where you view the paper scrap you've chosen), check the box beside "Custom Shape" , and then click the Change Shape button. This will take you to the gallery of edges and special shapes that you can add. Pick the best one, and choose OK. There are lots of neat frayed edges in this gallery - I use them on almost every paper scrap I add.

If you want to apply an edge to the page itself, I would suggest choosing a paper scrap, applying a torn edge to it (as above), and then enlarging it so that it can serve as your background. You can "pin" your paper scrap into place so that it doesn't move around when you're adding other things on top of it (Right click on the paper scrap, and then choose "pin" from the drop-down menu. You can also unpin it if you want to move it or make other changes by right clicking and choosing "unpin"). You can also do with this with a photo, to make it your background (with or without a torn edge, of course!)

Hope this helps! Happy scrapbooking- glad you're liking Scrapbook Max!

Karin

Comment

• Corey
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2006

Hi gramaof2, welcome to the forums!
      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

Torn Paper using Photoshop

Here's a couple of tutorials that might help creating the torn paper effect

sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• gramaof2
          • Mar 2006

Karin, you have the magic touch! thanks so much!
          If I knew garandchildren would be this much fun, I would have had them first!

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

Glad that helped!

Have fun!

Karin

Comment

Working...
            X