• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove January 2009 Freebie Challenge

**Happy New Year!**

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The “Freebie” Part!

Carena Scott has provided a beautiful set of freebies that is sure to add grace and elegance to your layouts!

Find the freebies, attached below!
    * Please note that the freebies are attached as a .zip file. They will not automatically import into Scrapbook MAX!. To use them, simply choose Save when downloading. Then, extract the files from the saved .zip file as you would do with any .zip file. Then, drag and drop the images into the Scrapbook MAX! design space to use.

The “Challenge” Part!

Here's the fun challenge:

Do a multi photo layout using most of the elements and 1 paper and have a play changing the opacity of one element. Shapes are fine to use for either 2nd paper or photos. Mostly, enjoy exploring.

Be sure to check out the January 2009 issue of The Groove. You'll find stunning black and white layouts that are sure to inspire, a 10% off coupon for this month's featured Booster Pack Store kits,an awesome scrapper profile, and more!

Happy Scrapping, and all the best in 2009!

from The Groove

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Here is my layout using the Groove Challenge Freebie - this time by me. LOL sorry you're stuck with me again this month as everyone else is in holiday mode.

Credits: Groove Challenge Freebie by Carena's Designs

This layout done in Scrapbook Max program and the photo taken of our new Meerkats at Natureland - Nelson, New Zealand. We are so pleased to have them.
    I've used a shape for the photo and change the transparency of the glitter swirls in the corner of the blanket. Hope this helps to inspire. Can't wait to see your layouts. Enjoy

[IMG][/IMG]
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• CrystalInMinn
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2007

You are too funny Carena, and since your things are so lovely I am honored to be able to scrap with them. Thank you, Thank you!!!
      sigpic

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

beautiful mini kit Carena, loved working with it

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Carena
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2007

JanDel and Fiona - you are both so fast. Great layouts and special welcome to JanDel. Hope to see many more layouts in the gallery. Excellent start.
          Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• JanDel
            • Dec 2008

Help uploading layout

I have a layout that I'd like to share. I can attach it as a thumbnail image, but how do you get your page in here to display full-size?

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by JanDel View Post
              I have a layout that I'd like to share. I can attach it as a thumbnail image, but how do you get your page in here to display full-size?

hi

go to the gallery to your page > copy the first line of code under the page image marked UBBCode: > paste that code into this thread and when you press submit your page will appear in this thread

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
              , Check out my store
              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• JanDel
                • Dec 2008

You're too quick!

Oh Carena! You were too quick! I deleted the message because I want to have my page display full-size like yours! How do I do that?

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

JanDel

Diddo what Fiona said but you will need to upload to the gallery first. Click Scrapbook Gallery and then upload to get into the gallery first. Be sure to size it to suit gallery.
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• JanDel
                    • Dec 2008

It's Your Day to Shine!

O.K. Here's trying again! I made this layout today using my Scrapbook Max program. Carena's freebies were a perfect match for my step-daughter's fall wedding photos. This is my first photo in the gallery and my first entry in The Groove's challenge.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

Wow! I finally got done early for a change!! Thanks for the minikit, Carena. It went perfectly with Caden's outfit! I lowered the opacity on the smaller leaves and glittery swirls. Can you tell?

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Melanie - yes I can tell and wow and wow - I'm in love with this layout. It's awesome girl. Fabulous.
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• ValerieElaine
                          Digi Sage
                          • Aug 2008

Groove Jan Challenge

I love this kit. My layout is very plain but I like it.

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• Carena
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2007

Valerie - Love the photo shape used for the photo's and perfect choice of photo, matches the kit beautifully. Well done.
                            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• sacannon
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Aug 2006

hmmm, I didn't get the newsletter and when I click on the link it takes me to the sign up rather than the news letter????
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X