+ Reply to Thread

Question Using 2 versions of Scrapbook Max

I would like to know how you know which version the templates, etc. are going to download to if you have more than one version of Scrapbook Max? Also, can you move stuff back and forth between the 2 or more versions? My current Scrapbook Max is getting pretty slow, because I have so many templates, etc. in it, so I am thinking about getting another one. Please let me know how this works.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtravis54 View Post
    I would like to know how you know which version the templates, etc. are going to download to if you have more than one version of Scrapbook Max? Also, can you move stuff back and forth between the 2 or more versions? My current Scrapbook Max is getting pretty slow, because I have so many templates, etc. in it, so I am thinking about getting another one. Please let me know how this works.
    Thanks
    Hello are you saying you have another edition of sbm? If so I believe with any of the other max softwares edition such as wedding or baby edition,etc. all you should have to do to add those editions to what you already have is install the content packs. Any of the smt files you download from the sharing corner and smb files wll install into your embellisments or your templates which ever it is you are downloading.... I hope this helps a bit.. Happy scrapping

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

Quote Originally Posted by gtravis54 View Post
    ....My current Scrapbook Max is getting pretty slow, because I have so many templates, etc....
    First, it might be useful to pinpoint where the slowdown(s) occur.

Slow #1: Is it slow when you click on, say, Page 2 when you want to move off Page 1? I find that the more elements/ objects/ photos on a given page, the longer it takes to load that page. Having another Scrapbook Max won't change this.

Slow #2: Is it slow to open the dialog when you want to add an element, for example, an embellishment? There might be an easy fix for this, but I'm not certain.

Slow #3: Or, is it slow when you move or tweak elements on a page? This might be a computer hardware issue (again, I don't know for certain, but have some guesses, if this is the problem).

(In playing around to figure out how SBM works, I came across an interesting thing... you can open more than one instance of Scrapbook Max at one time. I'll open a separate thread on this, after a search to see if it has been discussed before.)

Quote Originally Posted by DGehman View Post
    (In playing around to figure out how SBM works, I came across an interesting thing... you can open more than one instance of Scrapbook Max at one time. I'll open a separate thread on this, after a search to see if it has been discussed before.)
    Nope - I've decided not to detail this until I know more. Experiment only at your own risk...

I store templates and extra things on a exteral hrad drive and plull them in as I need them and I save them to an external folder as this helps me to avoid slow downs
    Rachell

Default Problems with Scrapbook Max

Many thanks to all of you for your great advice! I am pretty sure I will be able to fix everything now.
    Hugs and Happy Holidays to each of you!!!
    Gloria