+ Reply to Thread

Thread: La Befana

Post La Befana

A story of Italy's Befana (female version of Father Xmas) and how she came to light. As a little child I was always told stories of La Befana by my parents, aunts and uncles, so I thought I would share it with you. Hope you enjoy it.

and the second page

And I guess the message at the end of LO 2 says it all aye!! BUON NATALE MY FRIENDS
    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Default Love it!!!

I used to teach 3rd grade and we studied "Christmas Around the World." This is a great idea to combine all of the stories in one book! LOVE IT!! I only wish I taught 3rd grade still!

In live in California. My family celebrates epiphany (3 kings day), and last year we read the story of Old Befana. I did an LO. It was really fun. We had a king cake. I even bought a small box that contained real gold, frankincense and myrrh.
    Attached Images
    Linda
    My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Today is Sinterklaas in the Netherlands. I made this Last year for a friend who was teaching a class. Since Scrappyaggie48 did the Italian version of the Christmas around the world traditions, so I thought I would upload this too.