X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ollie281
    • Nov 2008

help needed

does anyone know how to install new fonts into photoshop elements 7? i have some great ones i downloaded but cant find where in the presets or the menu that allows me to load them into the programme?
  • RachellIowa
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2008

I install all fonts into my C:windows/fonts folder and they showup in all my programs I use.
    Rachell

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

download a little free program called 'the font thing' (it'll come up when u search) this allows you to store fonts in files outside of the c drive and add and subtract the ones you use at any time...once added they will show up in all programs that use fonts

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ollie281
        • Nov 2008

yay it worked

thankyou both so much, i put it all into the true type fonts folder and its all there yay!
        thanks again

Comment

• ollie281
          • Nov 2008

this was absoloutely the easiest way to do it, thanks rachell

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by RachellIowa View Post
            I install all fonts into my C:windows/fonts folder and they showup in all my programs I use.
            Don't want to be a spoilsport but am I right in remembering that someone a million threads ago posted that this would cause problems putting fonts in here?
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• ollie281
              • Nov 2008

not good news eng!

OMG dont tell me that *eng* as i have just installed about 100 into that directory! LOL

Comment

• Scrappyfrog
                Mad Scrapper
                • Jun 2008

I download my fonts and install them into the C drive like Rachel. But I also downloaded the "Free & Easy Font Viewer". When I'm not sure, I just bring this up and can see all my fonts together. The only problem I've had installing directly to my C drive is if the font is more picture than font...it may not work. Otherwise I've had no issues. I was reading where one lady has downloaded 11,000 fonts....can you imagine????
                Terin - aka Scrappyfrog
                sigpic
                My blog: www.scrappyfrog.blogspot.com

Comment

• angelwithin
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Nov 2006

the only problem with downloading a lot of fonts into your c drive is that they take up an awful lot of memory and can make any program that uses fonts very slow to load

the reason i use 'the font thing' is because you can store your fonts on an external drive and only have installed the fonts you actually want to use at any given time....freeing up space on your c drive

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                  , Check out my store
                  Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ollie281
                    • Nov 2008

you soooo right!

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                    the only problem with downloading a lot of fonts into your c drive is that they take up an awful lot of memory and can make any program that uses fonts very slow to load

the reason i use 'the font thing' is because you can store your fonts on an external drive and only have installed the fonts you actually want to use at any given time....freeing up space on your c drive
                    angelwithin you were sooooo right! i installed them directly into the c drive windows fonts folder and have had nothing but problems! it lagged my computer, my firewall played up and my virus scanner kept scanning 24/7, i couldnt get my clipart folder open as it contains 8 gigabyte and the puter timed out before it could load.....talk about problems.
                    i did fix it all tho (i think!?!) i unloaded all the fonts and all programs i no longer use then restored my computer and voila so far it seems to be ok again...i have learnt my lesson...i will not act without your ok in the future LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                    X