X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's November 2008 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter.

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The “Freebie” Part!

Carena Scott has generously supplied a freebie collection of cool "buggie" elements based on her full kit, Bugs Delight, to all our Groove readers. Carena describes the full kit this way:

"Delightful pack for any child. Whether it be for photos, party invitations, birthday cards, book labels, tags - limited only by your imagination. Fabulous fantasy children’s kit. Huge - 60 items in total."

Find the freebies, attached as a .zip file, below!

The “Challenge” Part!

Carena has issued this challenge based on her freebie collection:

Using elements from the mini kit provided, make a birthday card, present tag, invite, label, bookmarks etc – use your imagination! "Normal" layouts also welcome but I’d love to see other alternatives for using scrapbooking kits. Also rememberto use shapes ( hearts, stars etc) which will give you more to work with and makes layouts more interesting.

Be sure to check out the November 2008 issue of The Groove. You'll find discounts, vintage scrapbook inspiration, details about our exciting new printed products (photobooks and other items - with worldwide shipping!!) and more!

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 11-01-2008, 01:02 PM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Hi all. Yet another new month and christmas is fast approaching. A little to fast for my liking. LOL.

Hope you enjoy the mini bugs delight and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Other ideas for projects - bookmarks, door - do not disturb hangers, xmas decorations, folding cards and pop ups, birthday cards, placecards, thank you cards, banners, invites, chocolate rappers, boxes, gift bags. All manner of projects. Oh I can't wait.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

Fun challenge Carena

i made a couple of bookmarks ...have added the template
      Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• KPierce
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2007

I have not been able to participate in a challenge for a while. Sorry Carena this is only a scrapbook page. I have wanted to scrap these pictures for a while and this mini kit seemed to work. Thanks for the incentive. Only your mini kit and SBM shapes were used. I used a non-Christmas tree shape because it seemed more modern and fitting. Now that I have done this page maybe I can be more true to your challenge request.

My buddy is GrannyWin.
        My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Thanks for the bugs Carena.... I think??? LOL Let's see what I can come up with...got a whole month....right...oh man, I am getting buggy......lol

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• KPierce
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2007

I made my previous page into a placemat. The photo area could be used for photos, Holiday recipe, memories, or special message.

Nov Groove Challenge Freebie-screenshot.jpgNov Groove Challenge Freebie.smt
            My buddy is GrannyWin.
            My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• Carena
              Digi Sage
              • Jun 2007

Placemat is a great idea (normal scrapbook pages are also very welcome - you know that)

Fiona - thanks awesome bookmark. Already all so busy - sorry I have't had a chance yet - School swimming pool opened this weekend - we are coming into summer - he he - sorry guys who are feeling the cold. Caitlyn had 2 1/2 hours there yesterday and another 3 hours today. Doesn't leave me much time for anything else. Hopefully tonight I get on to that TURKEY challenge of Donna's.

Keep them coming - loving doing these challenges and seeing everyones wonderful work.
              Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

Greeting Card

Here's a link to mine: Greeting Card

Thanks for the sweet mini kit and for hosting the challenge!
                Julie

Comment

• Scrappyfrog
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jun 2008

Here's a Fortune Cookie Birthday Box...credit for box in the gallery. The small black dots are where you put the "handle" such as a ribbon.
                  Attached Files
                  Terin - aka Scrappyfrog
                  sigpic
                  My blog: www.scrappyfrog.blogspot.com

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Sep 2007

Here is my first attempt for the Nov Groove Challenge by Carena -

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Sep 2007

As you can see I am on a roll - here is my second attempt - it is a mini book - Hope you like it!!

My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

OK finally got around to doing a little something myself. Here is what I've done - many thanks to MommaBird for the template. (see Fiona's October Challenge for template)

ANNOUCEMENT: All who participate in the Groove November Challenge will receive a special gift from me. I will personal message everyone.
                        What will the gift be - well I've yet to create it but I warn you I'm feeling very creative at the moment so it could be anything. You really won't want to miss out.
                        Keep your creations coming - preview of gift to come soon. Keep an eye out and I will give you a looksee.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• pickngrin
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jul 2008

Here is a page I made. I will try to make something else with it a little later on.
                          Thanks Carena!

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• Carena
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2007

Oh those STINKY girls - LOL Love the layout and Oh what an awesome photo. Stunning

Here is a little extra for everyone - alpha to work with for anyone who would like it - available only during challenge.

Click here to download - ENJOY

Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Scrappyfrog
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Jun 2008

Wow, thanks for the alpha! And a frog on the "T" for Terin and the "Y" for Scrappyfrog! Now the "D"...I don't know but I'll find something! LOL. Thanks so much, Carena!
                              Terin - aka Scrappyfrog
                              sigpic
                              My blog: www.scrappyfrog.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X