• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Suggestions Needed Regarding Scrapping For Profit

I was wondering about how many of you are doing scrapbooks for profit! I was asked to do a scrapbook for someone and I have no clue what to charge or how to provide the finished product. I've been doing this for fun for myself. I have even emailed pages to my daughter and she then prints out her own copies. I would love to hear what others are doing and what your finished projects consist of. Do you print them, get them printed, have formated into a hard professional book?

Thanks ahead for all the responses!!!!

nie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

i did some searching on this last night and found a site with some charging $30 A Page!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

I've been looking but....

I have not found anything regarding pricing suggestions. $30 sounds terribly high! I was thinking in the lines of $4 for just the designs. I'm sure I've heard other mention doing pages for profit so maybe someone can give me some suggestions.

Thanks,
      nie

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• DianeScraps
        • Mar 2006

I haven't done it . . . I have considered it several times

There is a yahoo group just for it, and yes many prices are $15 -$30 per page

Comment

• merrazz
          • Jul 2006

I do this for family and friends... and yes i charge around $20 to $30 a page, it really depends on size and how much work goes into the page. whether is is simple or very busy.. and how much time is taken to make each individual page.... i hope that makes sense.....
          Bonnie

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

Sounds Interesting

Okay, so you charge $20 - $30 per page, do you print them or have them printed professionally? I'm happy with printing my own on the landscape 11 x 8 1/2 but I do get the white border around it. I've tried to eliminate that but have not been able too. I think I would prefer having them printed to eliminate that border.

I did find a few websites that shows the prices to be in line with one another and that they purchase albums extra.

I don't want to commit to this until I have an idea of what I'm in for...........LOL I just never believed anyone would pay those prices!

Any thoughts???

nie

!

nie

Comment

• mitchellsarah
              • May 2006

For the Australians

Hi girls and Boys

Does anyone no about printing in Australia 12x12 and what does it cost per page to be printed????????????

Linda
              Mitchellsarah
              Linda

Comment

• mackie
                • May 2006

Hi there. I'm so glad someone has brought the idea up. I was also considering it. I had no idea the prices were so high. I know the paper for my printer is expensive, it cost somewhere around $2.50 per sheet. I am capable of printing the 12x12 sheets. My husband gave me the printer for Mother's Day. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Mackie

Comment

• mitchellsarah
                  • May 2006

mackie

Are you in Australia
                  And how do I buy a 12x 12 printer ?

What is the name and how much?

Linda
                  Mitchellsarah
                  Linda

Comment

• PatH
                    • May 2006

places that print 12x12's

MitchellSarah:

I don't know if this helps you, but I love doing 12x12's, and I don't have a color printer at all. I've gotten samples from Scrapbooks 2 Share (sbtoshare.com). The samples were very good, and cost about $1.75 ea, plus $5 shipping per order (I think.) However, I'm very picky about my photos, and the photos on the page just aren't as good as ones I have developed at my local photo store.

I tried an online photo developer (fotki.com). Because these are actually photos, the whole scrapbook page is on photo paper (archival paper and ink). The photos on these layouts are every bit as good as photos from my local photo store, especially the one on glossy paper. The cost is $2.50 ea, plus $2 shipping per order. The catch is this: I had to print on 11x14 paper. So I designed my page at 11Hx12W, then had SBM change the size of my page to 11Hx14W, telling it 'no' when it asked if it should re-arrange my page to fit the new size. It then simply extended the background to 2 inches wider. I sent it online to Fotki to print as an 11Hx14W. When I received it back, I just cut off the extra 2 inches from the side. I put it into my plastic protector, and I have an 11x12 page. Not quite 12x12, I know, but I can live without that extra inch of height.

I also received samples from ezprints.com. (They are also excellent, but I think Fotki's colors are closer to what I saw on my computer screen.) I did the same thing with them as I did with Fotki, as far as the size of my pages. Their cost is $3.47 ea, with $2 shipping per order. I see they also have 12x12 (they call them panorama prints) for $4.50 ea. I'm not sure it's worth an extra $2 per page to me to get that extra 1" height.

Just a note regarding all 3 printer places: You have to lighten up the pictures you're putting into your layout. They print darker than what you see on your screen.

I'm really excited about this! I can have all the flexiblity of digital scrapbooking, yet still get as high of quality photos on my pages as I've been using on my paper pages

Comment

• mitchellsarah
                      • May 2006

PatH

Thankyou for all of that info
                      Have one Question OK Two Questions
                      Are you in Australia?
                      And Are these places in Australia??

Linda
                      Mitchellsarah
                      Mitchellsarah
                      Linda

Comment

• Lee
                        • Jun 2006

Best 12x12 paper for Epson printers

FWIW, if you have a wide format printer (able to print 12x12) at home, try the Entrada 300 Natural from www.moabpaper.com. It's acid & lignin-free, double-sided matte paper. At 22.5mils thick, it's nearly twice as thick as the Epson Scrapbook paper which is nearly twice as expensive. I buy it in 13in x 40ft rolls for US$60 so that's about US$1.50/12"x13" sheet.

With any 3rd party inks or papers, you should use an ICC profile to get the best color matching. Moab Paper has free ICC profiles on their site but to get started, you can set an Epson printer to Enhanced Matte paper for a pretty good match.
                        Lee Otsubo
                        The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Comment

• PatH
                          • May 2006

MitchellSarah

Hi:

No, I'm not in Australia, and I don't think the companies I mentioned are either. Does that mean that wouldn't ship to Australia?

Pat

Comment

• mackie
                            • May 2006

Hi, sorry I didn't get back sooner. I live in Canada and Name of the printer is Epson 1800. I just love it. It can be kind of costly. I paid approx. $550. U.S.

The printer is very easy to work and the pictures and scrapbook pages will last for 50-100 years, if looked after.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X